Key to Sem. 1 Review Probs
1) x(t) = 75 m
You first have to compute that a = 2 m/s2 . Or if you dont feel like computing acceleration, you can note that the car
has average speed 15 m/s and travels for 5 sec.
2) tu p = 4 sec, h = 80 m
I used v(t) to find
70 MORE Mult. Choice - full key
1) Acceleration means change in v elocity.
Acceleration means change in speed and/or direction.
Kirchoffs Junction Rule: current into a junction = current
out of a junction. [= conservation of charge]
15) Capacitors are the
One Last Review Packet - Full Key
1. (a) The Ne electron is bumped up 20.66 eV. It got that energy from the Helium. When they collided, the He gave up
its KE and the He electron fell down to ground state.
Eo = Ef
(KE of He) + 20.61 eV = 20.66 eV
KE = 0 .0
Experimental Uncertainty in the Physics Lab
I. Uncertainty in measurements - the rule of thumb.
The rule of thumb is that you should estimate one more digit than you can read on the instrum ent. For example: the
smallest mark on a meter
Excel tutorial for "new" Excel version
Entering data in Excel
1) Open Word and create a document, just a blank page. Put your name at the top. You dont need a title.
2) Open Excel. Choose Excel workbook.
3) At the top of column A, type mass of object (g