01.14 Relative Pronouns
Please provide the proper English translation for each respective Latin relative pronoun
in the text below.
1. Baucis Philemonem qui erat coniunx eius (her) amavit.
Baucis loved Philemon who was her spouse.
2. Mercurius et Iuppiter
Work File 01.16
Directions: Type your translation in the space under each sentence. Remember that
you can use the course dictionary by going to Lessons and clicking on appendix.
1. Fama Fori (of the Forum) est magna (great).
The fame of the
01.12 Homers World
Answer the following questions using the links in assignment 1.12
1. According to tradition, when did Homer live? What are the other theories about
when he lived and wrote?
According to tradition, Homer lived sometime around 850 B.C. Ot
01.09 Third Declension Production
It is important for you to recognize the patterns in the cases among the three
1. What similarity do all the accusative singulars of all three declensions share?
They all end in the letter m.
2. What similari
05.09 Work File
Write your translation beneath each sentence.
1. Puellae ab pueris spectantur.
The girls are watched by the boys.
2. Statua clara ab filiabus amabatur.
The famous statue was loved by the girls.
3. Villae magnae ab agricolis bonis aedificab
Troia ceciderat. Ulixes, fessus, cum sociis Graecis ad Ithacam navem solverat. Sed magna
tempestas navem propulsit; post novem dies ad terram incognitam venerunt. Pauci nautae nunc ab
Ulixe emissi sunt; eos (them) naturam terrae explorare iussit
1. Fabula Cincinnati est fabula virorum Romanorum multorum.
The story of Cincinnatus is the story of many Roman men.
2. Pro Roma Cincinnatus viros multos duxit. Etiam erat agricola.
Cincinnatus lead many men for Rome. H