MANAGING TEAMS QUIZ
1. Captain Cereal Corp. uses a team approach for developing new packaging for its
products. Captain Cereal is experiencing which benefit from the use of teams?
2. At Titan Tech, only about 50 employees are on the com
occurs before, during and after operations
-Feedforward control- takes place before operations begin and include policies, procedures and
rules designed to ensure that planned activities are carried out properly.
1. Setting performance standards- organizations goals profitability, innovation,
satisfaction of customers and employees.
Standard- a level of expected performance for a given goal, targets that establish performance
levels and m
Control-any process that directs the activities of individuals
Lack Top Management- senior managers do not emphasize or value the need for
controls, or they set a bad example
Absence of police-the firms expectation
ACHIEVING FAIRNESS IN THE WORKPLACE
A theory stating that people assess how fairly they have been treated according to two
Outcomes refer to the various things the person receives on the job:
BUREAUCRATIC CONTROL HAS A DOWNSIDE
> Control systems can lead to dysfunctional behavior
-To set up effective control system managers need to consider how people will react to it,
including 3 potential negative responses:
1. Rigid bureaucratic behavior-Th
Team Members Roles
Team members fill important roles
Roles- are different sets of expectations for how different individuals should
Two important sets of Roles must be performed
1. Task specialist- roles are filled by individual who have particular
Team Management Quiz
1. How can teams contribute to an organizations effectiveness?
- Teams can serve as a building block for organization structure.
- Teams can also increase productivity, improve quality, reduce costs, enhance speed, and