1. What is required for movies to have their greatest impact on viewers?
2. How has commerce become the economic driver of Internet growth?
3. What variable about news gathering and news packaging are beyond the control of
1. When did mass audiences come into existence?
Mass audience came into existence around the 1840s with the invention of the steampower press. This time was called the industrialization, with the ability to print hundreds of
copies an hour.
What is driving gaming into its new status as a mass media vehicle?
Why did big business become interested in the technique and principles of public
relations in the late 1800s?
The gaming industry has been evolvin
1. How are interpersonal, group and mass communication different? Give at least two
examples of each.
Interpersonal, group and mass communication are all forms of human communication
but differ in their own ways. For instance, interpersonal
1. Write a one-half page profile on Tim Berners-Lee.
Tim Berners-Lee was born in London, England, on 8 June 1955. He studied at The
Queen's College, Oxford, from 1973-1976, where he received a first-class degree in Physics. He
decided to be a
How have mass media fit historically into the capitalist economics system?
Just like many other business, mass media is in it for the profit. Companies pour
millions into ads that will show up on local TV stations. Other companies pay hug
1. Write a one-half profile on Terry Gross.
2. What has transformed the retailing of recorded music?
Three developments that transformed the music industry: tape recording, the long-playing (LP)
record, and the rise of rock and roll. Magneti
Game programming, a subset of game development, is the programming of
computer, console or arcade games. The fundamental of game programming begins with
the language, which consist of Java, MEL, and C+. The most commonly used is C+ it
is the de-facto st
The Increased Rate of
Thesis: The percentage rate of plas2c surgery in young women between ages of 16-35 has increased
drama2cally within the past decade, whether it being celebri2es or the average