Physics Average Velocity/Acceleration Worksheet B
Show ail of your work for the following problems. No w0rl<=No credit [even if the answer is
1. A family has 4 hours to complete a 265 mile trip. How fast must they travel in order to
TRANSFER OF ENERGY
The block shown above is at rest, but if given a little push it will slide down the hill.
When it does, the potential energr it has at point A will be converted to
kinetic energy. Since there is no friction to conv
When does an object have momentum?
An object can have a large momentum either if its _is
large, its _ is large, or both.
Object must be _
Is it possible to think that a child on roller skates and a large truck
Horizontal Projectile ' - SHOW ALL WORK
name _ _date_ SECTION_
1. A cannon is shot horizontally off a cliff with an initial speed of 350 mls. If the cliff
is 125 m tall, how far away will the cannonball land?
2. A person runs off the high dive at a pool.
name _ ._date_._
1. What is the velocity ofa space ship that travels 36.000.000 mi in 2000 hours.
| l I
| l l _
2. A golfrbail is at rest. Then, .008 seconds later, it has a speed of 320 ft/sec Find
the acceleration. I l
,- I r
Momentum Review Problems
Answer the following questions as thoroughly as possible. Remember to define your know and
unknown values, show the equation, substitute and solve. Make sure your answer has the correct units.
Mr. Bro decides to go golfing. He
Constant Acceleration Practicum
Part 1 Answer the following questions using the distance versus time graph.
1. What was the total distance the cart moved?
2. What was the total time measured?
3. What is the carts average speed from these 2 measurements?