A gas at 50oC occupies a volume of 400 mL. The next day the gas is found to occupy 1200 mL of space. What is the Celsius temperature of the gas? A balloon is filled to a volume of 7.00 x 102 mL at a temperature of 20 C. The balloon is then cooled to at a
6. Convert 20oC to Kelvin.
7. What is the formula for kinetic energy?
8.Define "boiling" (ie: boiling point)._
Combined Gas Law and Review
1. State Boyle's Law, Charles' Law, and Gay-Lussac's Law. 2. If some oxygen gas at 1.4 atm and 25oC is allowed to ex
Kinetic Theory Review
1. What are the two factors that the kinetic theory is based upon? 2. State the five basic assumptions of the kinetic molecular theory. 3. According to the kinetic molecular theory, what is different about a sample of xenon gas at
Atmospheric Pressure (see board for data) _ inches Hg Vapor Pressure of Water at your temperature(see vapor pressure chart for data) _mm Hg
1. Define the term "catalyst".
2. Write the equation for the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide by the a
1. Obtain approximately 0.5 grams of manganese dioxide.
2. Pour the manganese dioxide into the hydrogen peroxide inside the Erlenmeyer flask and
stopper the flask with the rubber stopper/glass bend assembly.
3. Hold the end of the rubber tubing beneath th
1. A sample of neon gas has a mass of 4.45g. What volume will it ocupy at 25
degrees Celsius and 725 mm Hg?
2. A 5.0 l flask contains 0.60g of O2 at a temp of 22 degrees Celsius. What is the
pressure in atm. inside the flask? What is the pressure in kPa?
a) 212.8 L of helium atoms are collected at STP. What is the mass of this sample
b) Convert 3.45 moles of potassium to grams of potassium atoms.
c) 78.4 grams of neon atoms are collected at STP. What volume will they occupy?
d) 8.5 x 1038 atoms
1. Perform the following conversions. Give the answer and the mathematics used to derive the answer. p) 24.0 grams of chlorine gas to moles of chlorine gas
q) 0.002 moles of oxygen atoms to grams of oxygen atoms
r) 6.7 moles of argon atoms to atoms of arg
a) 24.0 grams of zinc atoms to moles of zinc atoms
b) 678.3 grams of tin atoms to moles of tin atoms
c) 5.00 moles of magnesium atoms to grams of magnesium atoms
d) 0.002 moles of lead atoms to grams of lead atoms
e) 5.6 x 1013 atoms of silver to moles of
ASSIGNMENT #1 1. Give the value of Avogadro's number?
2. How many moles of a substance are represented by Avagadro's number?
3. Is the number of atoms in a substance dependent on the type of substance present?
4. Perform the following conversions. Show th