3. How can atoms be made to emit electromagnetic radiation? 4. Distinguish between the ground state and the excited state of an atom. 5. Distinguish between a bright line spectrum and a continuous spectrum.
6. Describe the way that excited atoms produce a
CHEMISTRY : Western Alamance HS ATOMIC STRUCTURE II UNIT
Assignment #1: The Bohr Model
1. State the difference between the way classical physicists visualized the radiation of energy and the way Max Plank visualized it.
2. What name did Max Planck give to
1. Name the group in the periodic table in which each of the following elements belongs and
categorize each as a metal, nonmetal or metalloid. Group
a. Rb b. As c. Xe d. Sr e. Sn f. Bi g. Br 2. Explain why atoms get larger as the atomic number increases w
Chemistry Unit 7: Periodic Table and Trends
What determines the characteristic properties of elements?
2. Why do some properties of elements repeat in periodic patterns? 3. What trend in the number of electrons is observed moving across a period in the
1.Draw the four trends below and label the element (s) within each trend that is the "greatest" in its category. Label each trend with arrows indicating increasing trends only. Place X's if elements are not considered for a trend.
1.Define Atomic Radii (s
Practice Test 1: Writing Formulas and Naming Compounds Name: _ Directions: Write the name for each of the Directions: Write the formula for each of following formulas. name. 1. CaI2 _ 25. Silver nitride _ 2. N2O4 _ 26. Aluminum nitrate _ 3. Al2O3 _ 27. Tr
Chemistry Unit 8: Naming and Writing Compounds Part A: Relate chemical names and formulas. Name: _ Chemical Formula Name of Compound 1. CaCl2 2. Potassium iodide 3. MgO 4. Aluminum chloride 5. NaBr 6. Al2O3 7. Lithium nitride 8. CaO 9. Barium chloride 10.