Assignment #6: Review and Synthesis
1. What is stated in the Aufbau Principal?
2. What is stated in Hund's Rule?
3. State the Pauli Exclusion Principal.
4. What information is provided by the electron-dot notation?
5. What are valence electrons?
6. What i
1. In what ways is the 4 s orbital of an atom different from a 1s orbital?
2. Write the electron configuration for for Hg.
a. How many electrons are in each level?
b. Which levels are not filled?
3. The electron configuration of carbon is 1s22s22p2. Expla
Mass-Mass Conversions Using a Balanced Equation
1) Barium chloride reacts with silver nitrate to produce barium nitrate and silver
chloride. How many grams of silver chloride can be produced from 31.0 g of
barium chloride reacting with excess silver nitra
Balance the equation, answer the questions:
Magnesium reacts with carbon dioxide to form magnesium oxide and carbon according to
Mg (s) + CO2 (g) -> MgO (s) + C (s)
1. How many moles of Mg react with 1.4 mol of CO2 gas in the react
Assignment #3 (Converting molecules to molecules and volumes to volumes)
Balance the following equations and then answer the questions that follow:
H2 + O 2 H2 O
1. Find the number of molecules of oxygen gas that combine with 10 molecules of
STOICHIOMETRY II UNIT
Assignment #1 (Conversions with compounds)
1. Convert 1.806 x 1023 molecules of Cl2 to moles.
2. Convert 1000 molecules of P4O10 to moles.
3. Convert 360 grams of NH3 (ammonia gas) to moles.
4. How many grams are there in 4.50 moles
1. N2 +3H2 2NH3
How many moles of hydrogen are needed to completely react with two moles of nitrogen?
2. 2KClO3 2KCl + 3O2
How many moles of oxygen are produced by the decomposition of six moles of potassium
1. When propane gas (C3H8) is burned in oxygen gas, carbon dioxide gas and water vapor
are produced along with 2219 kJ of heat energy.
a. Write a balanced chemical equation for this reaction.
b. What is the change in the enthalpy ( H) of the reaction?
a. If 1600 g of sulfur trioxide is released into the environment, how many grams of
sulfuric acid will be formed?
b. How many kJ of heat will be formed if 1600 g of sulfur trioxide are released?
2. 7524 J of energy are used to heat 200 g of water
Unit 13: Thermochemistry Packet
A. Identify and explain endothermic and exothermic reactions, using examples and graphs.
1. In the graph below:
a. determine the change in the enthalpy
b. whether the reaction is endothermic or exothermic
2. Identify the fo