Observation Research- Gathering primary data by observing relevant people, actions, and
Experimental Research- Gathering primary data by selecting matched groups of subjects,
giving them different treatments, controlling re
This is added to the real rate of return to arrive at a number
that is called the risk free rate of return. This addition is
based on the current rate of inflation.
Measures the risk if a security
What is Public Availability?
Information regarding securities must be registered with the SEC in order for it to be
considered publicly available.
Who are the SEC?
Established by securities Act of 1934
Result of the crash of 1929
1. If you get paid WEEKLY, how many times do you get paid each year?
2. If you get paid MONTHLY, how many times do you get paid each year?
3. If you get paid BI-WEEKLY, how many times do you get paid each year?
4. If you get paid SEMI-MONTHLY, how many ti
1. You work as a waiter in a chain restaurant, where the typical tip for your services performed is 15%.
Your first table tonight ordered $50 worth of food and drinks, what should your expected tip be?
2. Working in the same restaurant, you are expected t
Generally investment objectives falls into
one of these categories:
Preservation of Capital
Growth plus Income
Cash or Margin Account
Cash Account full payment on all transactions
1. How is an investment defined?
The commitment of current funds in anticipation of receiving a larger future flow of funds.
3. List some key areas relating to investment objectives?
Risk and Safety of Principal; Current Income vs. Capital Appreciation; L
The crime and its difficulty in proof
What is Insider Trading?
Legal vs. Illegal
Violations that might lead to SEC investigation
Punishments if caught
What is public availability?
Who are the SEC?
In the Rec
Customer insights- Fresh understandings of customers and the marketplace
derived from marketing information that become the basis for creating
customer value and relationships.
Marketing information system- People and procedures for assessing
1. In what year was the Securities and Exchange Commission given full authority to
monitor insider trading 1933, 1934 or 1975? 1975
2. The general rise in prices of goods over time is known as? Inflation
3. The goal of any marketplace is to perform effect