UNIT 9: Thermochemistry WS#4
1. A 28.6 g sample of a metal was taken out of hot water at 75.0C and placed into 100.0 g of water in a coffee
cup calorimeter. The temperature of the water rose from 25.0C to 29.5C. Assuming all the heat fro
History and Structure of the Atom NAME
Review Sheet _ PERIOD
1. Use the periodic table to complete the chart
Number of Number of l
Silver IO 6 f 31 7
was W _?>7
Gas Laws End of Unit Review Sheet
1. Convert the following:
a. 273 C
= _ K
b. 100 C
= _ K
c. 15 K
= _ C
d. 432 K
= _ C
2. Fill in the chart that relates the different pressure units
_ atm or _ kPa or _ mmHg
Convert the following Pressures
3. 295 kP
Name _ Period _ Date
Reviewing the Families of Elements on the Periodic Table
Matching Match the element to its correct family
_ 1. Sodium
a. Transition Metals
_ 2. Arsenic
_ 3. Silver
c. Noble Gasses
_ 4. Argon
_ 5. Magnesium
1) Eye protection is to be worn at all times.
2) Be sure to wash your hands before leaving the laboratory ar
Name_ Period _ Date _
Bonding Basics - Covalent Bonds
Complete the chart for each element.
# of single
# bonds this
1- Write the Lewis Structure for eac
Mole conversions - The First Step
Directions: In each of the following show all your work and include all units.
Step 1 Find the molar mass of the chemical- Example: 1 mole H2 = 2.02 g
Step 2 Set up a conversion factor to solve the problem using
1) What two things must be included in any measurement?
Match the unit to the measurement
_ 2) mass
_ 3) volume
_ 4) length
Write the number of significant figures next to each and identify
UNIT 1: Introduction to Chemistry, WS#5
For each of the following, write the scale reading, then underline the digit in the
reading that is in question.
For each of the volume devices below record the s
Name _ Period _ Date _
Common Laboratory Equipment
1) Use the word bank below to match the name of the item to the correct picture.
2) Describe what the item is used for in the laboratory.
a) flint igniter, b) beaker, c) graduated cylinder, d) B
Thermochemistry Practice Quiz
1. Label each of the variables in the heat equation below.
q = m C t
2. You fry an egg in a pan. Is this process endothermic or exothermic?
3. You put a glass of water in the refrigerator. Is this process en