July 28, 2010
By DAVID COLMAN
Food Product Containers Have Shrunk
TRICK ONE: Same package, less product. Folgers coffee decreased its package contents by
an ounce, but charges the same price, says Consumer Reports. Consumer Reports
May 10, 2011
By ANDREW ADAM NEWMAN
The overwhelmed shopper
By Barry Schwartz
Published: April 19, 2004
I had an epiphany while buying jeans a few years ago. Jeans buying for me had always been
"waist size, inseam and out the door in two minutes." Jeans simply fit the way they fit, and that
July 7, 2012
By RICHARD H. THALER
November 12, 2012
By BENEDICT CAREY
Happy anniversary, wheeled luggage!
October 04, 2010|By Marnie Hunter, CNN
This drawing is part of Bernard Sadow's patent for rolling luggage.
Wheels on a suitcase? So convenient, they're an unremarkable essential for today's
traveler. But in 1970
Is Coke the same as it was 127 years ago? Maybe
August 26, 2013 11:19 AM ET
By CANDICE CHOI
ATLANTA (AP) - Coca-Cola keeps the recipe for its 127-year-old soda inside an imposing steel vault that's bathed in
red security lights. Several cameras monitor th
How to Brand a Next-Generation Product
Published: April 23, 2012
Author: Carmen Nobel
When Apple launched its latest iPad, experts and nonexperts alike expected it to be dubbed
"iPad 3," a natural follow-on to the second-generation iPad 2. Instead, the co
July 7, 2010
By ELIZABETH OLSON
APRIL 5, 2013, 5:36 PM
By MICHAEL J. DE LA MERCED
David Shahs Marketing Review Sheet Exam 2
Covers Chapters 6-9 & Articles 9-13
Consumer Behavior Personality
Personality: Who you are. More or less stable and enduring organization of a persons
unique character. Some parts of your personality (Memories, ha
Your Phone and email
To obtain a summer intern position
Bridgewater-Raritan Regional High School
Graduating: June, 20xx
Relevant courses include:
List relevant computer classes
Name_ Class Period_
1. What kinds of work can you perform at the following ages?
2. Age under 14_
3. Age 14 - 15_
4. Age 16-17_
5. Age 18 and up_
6. What are three occupations banned for persons under the age of 18?
Name_ Period_ Date_
Ethics - Moral principles that govern a person's behavior.
Code of Conduct - A guide for day-to-day decision making. A set of principles and expectations that are considered binding
on any person who is a member of a
Assignment: Business Insider: 27 Psychological Reasons why good people do bad things.
1. Review the reasons listed in this article that tries to explain why people do unethical
2. Choose 3 of the 27 reasons and create an ethical situation for each
Exploratory Interview - 50 points
Due Monday, March 11, 2013
1. Prepare 10-15 exploratory interview questions. Create questions that solicit a
conversation, based on our discussion in class.
2. Plan and schedule time for an interview with an adult who is
Research and find three volunteer opportunities that are of interest to you. Explain what you do
in these volunteer roles and how they might help prepare you for your career.
Use these or any website to find volunteer opportunities:
Intro to Business Budget Project: DUE Monday, May 20
You must complete the following by Monday:
A table/chart that includes your income and expenses with both monthly and
annual totals. Your chart must be neat and organized. If you know Microsoft
Introduction to Business: Course Outline and Grading Policy
Pat Cahill, Instructor
Extra Help Day: Wednesday. By appointment before school
You will need a binder (1 wide) or two pocket folder to use in class. It is important to
10 points Classwork
1. When someone asked you What do you want to be when you grow up? what was
your answer and why?
2. What do you care about the most in your life right now? Why?
3. If you were to earn an award, what would you like
Pat Cahill, Instructor
Marking Period One
Marking Period Two
Getting In Touch with your Inner Self
The World of Work
Critical Thinking Questions: Try to answer them on your own. We will be using them as
review discussion springboards.
1. Why are Ethics Good Business?
2. What is the difference between social responsibility and business ethics?
3. Name a developed country
ETHICS CASE STUDY
Case 1: Should a Physical Therapist Overbill?
Lora Andrews is the kind of physical therapist anyone would love to have: caring,
knowledgeable, and extremely good at what she does. Andrews helps peop
Introduction to Ethics Unit
1. GO to my public folder on the network.
2. OPEN the PowerPoint, Ethics Presentation, Spring 2010
3. USE the word bank below to fill in the blanks on the worksheet.
4. READ the slides again after you have filled in