1. ion- charged atoms due to the gain or loss of one or more electrons
electrions- negatively charged subatomic particles that orbit an atomic nucleus
covalent bonds- bonds that involve the sharing of electrons between atoms
hydrogen bonds-bonds tha
1. It is Wednesday, and you are planning a fishing trip for this coming Saturday. You have heard
that fishing is best at your chosen spot when the ebb current begins to flow, so you wish to start
fishing at high tide. You do not have a tide table, but you
Oceanography EXAM 1 Review Questions
1) The four principal ocean basins (plus an additional ocean) on Earth are the:
A) Atlantic, Arctic, Mediterranean, Southern, and Pacific Oceans.
B) Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Southern, and Arctic Oceans.
1. What is the name of this island?
a. Alcatraz island
2. How far apart are the towers in kilometers and in miles?
3. What is the total length of this path in kilometers and in meters?
a. 1210 km, 1,210,000 meters
4. Notice that
OCE 1001 Exam 3 Review- Speer
1. The tide-generating force is inversely proportional to the cube of the distance.
2. There is no horizontal tide-generating force on Earth at points directly below and opposite the
3. The ba
1) In primary production: animals make Proteins.
Plants utilize oxygen. There is a net gain in organic
carbon by organisms. Oxygen utilized by animals is less
than the oxygen consumed by autotrophs. Carbon
dioxide is released into the water.