1. List and describe the 2 maps that you chose to study
Map #4: Map of Pangea with Current International Borders- a map of what Pangea
would look like if all the countries came together in relation to the current borders to
each other. Pangea is known as
LATITUDE AND LONGITUDE LAB
Refer to grid lines on a globe:
1. The lines running north-south represent degrees
which is measured from the_in
a_ and_direction. These lines
are known also as_.
2. The lines running east-west represent degrees of_
Unit 1 Vocabulary & Concepts
Please print out the following Vocabulary & Concepts for Unit 1. This is to give you a more specific idea of what we will
cover during the next 3 (or so) weeks.
Keeping a notebook would be a great idea.
How does your state compare to the rest of the country in term of mobility
rates? Is it above or below the national mean?
North Carolina is above the national average for mobility rates. At times, it can be nearly
10% higher than the national mean.
1. Briefly describe today's immigrants in terms of numbers, main source areas,
31% of adult immigrants have not completed high school, which increased the number
of workers without a high school diploma by 14
1. Define migration
The permanent relocation, or move, of a residential place to a new location
2. Explain the effects migrations have had on both geography and history
Migration has expanded the civilization of humans across the world. It ha
AP Human Geography
Unit II. Population - Basic Vocabulary & Concepts
1. Population densities: measurement of people per given unit of land
ex.- x number of people per square mile
2. Demographic regions: regions grouped together by the sta
Unit III: Cultural Patterns & Processes Basic Vocabulary & Concepts
Concepts of Culture:
1) Acculturation the process of adopting the cultural traits or social patterns of another group
ex.- A chinese immigrant attends a four year university in the southe
ADVANCED PLACEMENT HUMAN GEOGRAPHY
Unit III. Cultural Patterns and Processes Ethnic Conflict
[click on world in the sidebar]
[click on Background Notes; C
1. Lobsterman/Pronunciation in Maine : MacNeil says, Mainers fear that their
dialect . . . is coming to the end of the road. How might a decline in a way of life be related to a
decline in a way of speaking? Does one cause the other or do they just coinci
1. What 3 religions claim Palestine/Israel as a holy land?
Judaism, Christianity, and Islam
Place an asterisk next to the ones that are universalizing religions.
2. What are the 2 main branches of Islam?
Sunni & Shia/Shiites
3. Which is the more numerous