1. Jake receives a promotion at his law firm after winning an important case. This is an
example of a:
a Positive formal
b Negative formal
c Negative informal
d Positive informal
2. The term deviance can be defi
1. In 2010, what did controversial Senate Bill 1070 propose, causing a series of protests and
a If suspected of illegal activity, Nevada police may search the home of any immigrant, or
. child of an immigrant, without a warrant.
b After bei
1. Qualitative sociology can be defined as: B
a Door to door sales pitches, cold calls, and press conferences.
b In-depth interviews, focus groups, and/or analysis of content sources as
. the source of its data.
c Statistical methods such as surveys wit
1. When Hildegard visited a Church of Christ, she realized just how similar their practices
and beliefs are to her regular denomination of choice, the Episcopalian Church. These
similarities probably mean that the Church Christ is:
a A sect within the Chr
1. In which country is sex education required in public schools?
d The United
2. Peggy accepts a job offer as an advertising copywriter. Her boss immediately assigns her
campaigns for products such as makeup and
1. Which of the following is an example of cultural relativisim?
a Helena putting aside her vegetarianism to eat meals with the local
. tribe she is studying.
b Andy marrying a woman who does not practice his religion, though his
. parents disprove.
1. Karl Marxs Communist Manifesto is based on the _ perspective.
b Conflict Theory
2. Ivanka Trump is the daughter of business mogul Donald Trump. Her role as heiress to the
1. Mark, whose parents are wealthy, has been socialized to believe that he can be whoever
he wants to be. His best friend Matt, whose parents are blue-collar workers, has been
socialized to believe that hard work and following instructions is all he needs