Search by image
<style>.nojsvcfw_visibility:visible</style> Screen reader users, click here to turn off Google Instant. <meta
Search Google with
To what extent did the Freedmens Bureau exceedingly push state governments towards
successfully solving social plights for the freed African American community during the
April 21, 2017
Word Count: 2,200
Chapter 21 notes
Section 1: Bull Run
The Battle: Yankees came down feeling like it was a sporting event, there were
spectators (yankees had a picnic, it was like a party)
At first Union is winning
As confederate reinforcements arrived m
Chapter 28 Progressivism Study Guide
What is Progressivism: a philosophy based on the Idea of Progress, which asserts that advancements
in science, technology, economic development, and social organization are vital to the improvement
Thesis: In spite of the many successes of the Reconstruction Era, the establishment of the
Freedmens Bureau exceedingly pushed state governments towards successfully solving societal
plights for t
Chapter 29 Wilsonian Democracy Outline
*Thank you for not sharing this with anyone.
The Bull Moose Campaign of 1912:
What did Wilsons New Freedom entail?
What ticket did Wilson run for in djdk 1912?
Who actually placed Te
1920s Magazine Project
The 1920s harbored dramatic social and political change. For the first time, more Americans lived in cities than on farms. The
nations total wealth more than doubled between 1920 and 1929, and this economic growth swept many America
Servicing new residential areas has been a major problem of
rapid urban expansion. Iran has found the user-pays system to be
an efficient financing method. The first part of this paper
analyses the nature, significance a
The European Union is a political and economic partnership that represents a unique
form of cooperation among sovereign countries. The EU is the latest stage in a process
of integration begun after World War II, initially by six Western European countries
1. What was the initial cause of the Cuban Missile Crisis?
When the Soviet Union started to build nuclear missile sites in Cuba in 1962.
2. How did the United States discover the nuclear missile construction sites?
An American U-2 spy plane secretly photo
Sophia Richter, IB World Topics
Topic and sources:
Topic: League of Nations Actions from 1920s to 1930s to preserve collective security
Question of Inquiry. To what extent did the League of Nations identification as aggressor
countries enforcing i
To what extent did the League of Nations identification as aggressor countries enforcing
interwar disarmament fail to provide collective security?
Sophia Grace Richter
Word Count: 2,283
1. Ebegbulem, Joseph C. The Failure of Collect
On February 19, 1942, Roosevelt authorized the Department of War to designate military
areas and allowed it to remove any people from the areas. Military authorities immediately
moved against Japanese foreigners. In Hawaii, where residents of Japanese anc
The Northern Renaissance ( England)
Hanseatic League: a merchant organization that controlled trade throughout Northern
Trade helped ideas of the Italian Renaissance spread to the North.
- Cast letters of the alphabet onto metal
What is a P.E.R.S.I.A D.C. Chart?
- Think of each letter as a lens that you will use to understand the structure and
history of each civilization.
Rivers were important for civilizations because it provided not only water source but also
a way to ferti
- Advocate of violence
- Leader of the Paris San Culottes
- Editor of the Revolutionary newspaper
- Violent agitator
- Popular with the public
- Would later come to oppose the excesses of the Revoluti
What is a civilization?
- A complex culture ( a people's unique way of life) that meets the 5 key
characteristics of a civilization
- People that practice a certain skill or trade
- Not just farmers
- skilled workers have leisure time
- 1600s philosophers began to view reason as the best way to understand the
- People believed reason could solve all human problems
- Period of optimism and possibility.
- Also known as the Age of Reason
New Views o
- Their work renewed the churches emphasis on spirituality and service.
- Name means The Society of Jesus.
- Order was founded in 1534, by Ignatius of Loyola
- Approved by the pope in 1539
- Emphasized obedience to the church above all else.
- Increased trade with Asia and other regions in result of the Crusades
- Growth of large, wealthy city-states in Italy
- Renewed interest in the classical learning of Ancient Greece and Rome.
- Merchants became wealthy and powerful
Trench warfare: fighting a battle through trenches
Life in trenches was miserable. Rain, mud, lice, poor sanitation, and the dead were all
down there in the trenches.
New Types of Weapons
- Different types of gas did differen
Vasco de Gama: Portuguese explorer who led the 1st naval expedition from Europe to
sail to India, opening an important commercial sea route.
Vasco Nunez de Balboa: Spanish explorer who discovered the Pacific Ocean.
Amerigo Vespucci: Italian explorer who
Congress of Vienna: restore order and stability in Europe after Napoleonic Wars
4 Major Countries
- Main Person: Prince Klemens von Metternich (Austria) leads the meeting.
- Was a reactionary which means that he oppos
Protestant Reformation (England)
- Dissatisfaction with the church: unhappy with taxes, disproved indulgences,
approved by Pope Leo X.
- Indulgences: pardons issued by the pope that people could buy to reduce a
souls time in purgatory.
Battle of Verdun
- Meant solely to kill or injure as many French soldiers as possible
- France suffered 400,000 casualties
- Germany endured nearly as many.
- Both sides were weakened, so a stalemate (neither side was advancing, like a break in a
Desertification: spread of desert-like conditions.
Global Warming: the rise in the surface temperature of the Earth over time.
Things that are harming the environment: deforestation, desertification rapidly in Africa,
Asia, and Latin America, and globa
Civilization: a complex culture (a persons unique way of life) that meets the 5 key
- Large population
- Center for trade, learning, culture
- Large scale farming
- Infrastructure: basic frame work of
(1945) Soviet satellites formed in the Eastern Bloc: refused to remove it and imposed
(1945) US uses atomic bomb against Japan: July 26, 1945-US demands for Japan to
surrender. They did not. Aug 6, 1945, the atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshim
5 major World Religions
5 major World Religions
- There is no known founder of Hinduism