Research Project English 4A / Reilly
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY - MONSTERS WE HAVE CREATED
The Nineteenth Century was a time of great change. The advances in science and technology
made possible the Industrial Revolution, a revolution which fundamentally alte
Name: _ Date: _
Research Paper Scoring Rubric
Has a well-developed thesis that conveys a perspective on the subject
Poses relevant and tightly drawn questions about the topic; excludes extraneous
details and inappropriate information
In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
Study Questions- Answer in your journals. Section I Due: Thursday, Day 4 October 4, 2012
Section I: The Last to See Them Alive
1. Describe Holcomb. In what ways is it an ordinary town? In what ways is it different?
In Cold Blood Section II
Mrs. Messias/English 4A
Due Thursday, October 11, 2012 Day 1
Persons Unknown (pages 77-100)
1. Describe Alfreds feelings. Do you think he was involved in any way? Explain. How can he
convince people of his innocenc
English IVA/Mrs. Messias
In Cold Blood / Section III
Due: October 19, 2012 Day 1
Section III: Answer (pages 159-189)
1. Why is Floyd Wells concerned when he hears the news of the Clutter murders?
2. How does fate come up again in Floyds encounter?
IN Cold Blood Section IV
Due: October 29, 2012 Day 1
Section IV: The Corner (pages 252-279)
1. Describe the living conditions of Wendle and Josie Meier.
2. How does Mrs. Meier treat Perry?
3. What information do we read in this section to indicate that