Scene 2 (pages 27-45) Answer in the space provided.
1. What is Creon reacting to at the beginning of scene 2? What does he say Oedipus is calling him?
2. When Oedipus enters, what does he angrily accuse Creon of having "plotted"?
3. Oedipus as
Act II Notetaking Passages Packet - Part 1
For passages, write what the lines of the passage mean and why is it important to the scene or to the play.
For questions, write the answers.
Julius Caesar Act II: Scene 1
BRUTUS: It must be by his death. And for
Julius Caesar Notetaking Passages Handout - Act I
What do the details of the passage mean and why is the passage important to the scene or to the play?
[Any questions at right indicate elements to be sure to include in your explanation.]
Julius Caesar Act
Act II Notetaking Passages Packet Part 2
Julius Caesar Act II: Scene 2 (continued)
When Calpurnia says she is frightened by recent ceremonies (omens). Give two examples from page 339 of those
unexplainable things she considers to be omens.
JULIUS CAESAR STUDY GUIDE - Act III:Scene 1-Part 2 Continue to read in the textbook
from page 352 to the end of the scene, and as you read, answer these questions in the space provided.
1. According to line 193, what should people think
Act IV Study Guide-ANSWER KEY
Act IV Scene 1
1. What shows that the three men who share power after Caesar- Antony, Octavius, and Lepidus- are ruthless rather than
merciful. Refer to specific lines from their conversation at the beginning of th
English 2A Act IV Study Guide
In the space provided, answer the following questions as you read Act IV.
Copy down lines that answer the questions that ask about lines, but also write the line numbers.
Act IV Scene 1
1. What shows that the three men who sh
Act V: Scene 1
Now, Antony, our hopes are answered:
You said the enemy would not come down,
But keep the hills and upper regions;
It proves not so: their battles are at hand;
They mean to warn us at Philippi here,
Answering before we do demand o
ASSIGNMENT SHEET FOR
INTRODUCTION TO THE PLAY, OEDIPUS R EX
Directions: Read the entire attached packet. As you read, write ON LINED PAPER answers to the
questions below. You may detach this assignment sheet from the packet to make it easier to see the
Oedipus Rex Scene 1 Questions (pages 12-25) When writing lines, write the words, not just line numbers.
1. What are the two declarations Oedipus makes (13-14) as part of what he "propose(s) to do"?
2. What words show that Oedipus has married the former ki
NOTE: Kadmos was the person who founded (built) the city of Thebes in Greece.
1. When King Oedipus speaks to the chorus at the beginning of the prologue, what roles does the chorus
represent at that point in t
Oedipus Rex Scenes 3 and 4 Questions (pages 47-64) Answer in the space provided.
1. The messenger from Corinth (the Isthmus), where Oedipus had grown up, brings two pieces of
information, one good, one bad. What is the bad news he b
Oedipus Rex - Questions about Exodos (Last Episode) Answer fully in the space provided.
1. A messenger says, "The greatest griefs are those we cause ourselves. What is the first grief of which he brings
news? How had it happened and how was it discovered?