1)What is Eliza and how does it work?
Eliza is one of the original chat bots programmed to behave as a Rogerian
psychotherapist. It gives us a virtual therapy session.
2)Eliza uses person-centered therapy. What does that mean?
Person-centered therapy is a
I believe that while teenagers are the most unpredictable creatures, theres
always a choice to be made. Girls can be very hormonal, which means that their
attitudes will change drastically for a week out of each month. During that week guys
I believe that divorce is is harmful to children. I am a living example of it. I was in
sixth grade when my parents made it official. I was a sweet child up until it happened.
Something in me changed for a while there. I was always angry and hateful. I di
1. For each part of the brain, present a detailed description of the part and how that part
The brain is made up of about 100 billion nerve cells called neurons. Neurons
gather and send signals throughout the body. They come in man
1)What are the two mains reasons that psychologists do research?
They do research for the sake of increasing knowledge and for the goals of learning
better ways to help people.
2)Why is an experiment called a controlled study?
They are called controlled s
Life span development
1. What are the three "domains" that affect development? Describe each domain.
The biological domain involves bodily changes, maturation, and growth. The cognitive
domain involves mental processes of knowing, imagining,
1. What are the main arguments/points presented in the video about consciousness?
Present your opinion about the arguments. Do you agree with all points? Feel free to
offer you personal reflections about the video.
Philosopher Dan Dennett mak
1) What is the focus of community psychology?
2) It deals with the mental health and social welfare issues within the community
3) List three medical services that psychiatrists can provide but a psychologist can
4) They can order laboratory
1)What are identical twins? What explains differences they may develop?
They are children fertilized from the same egg. Their differences are due to differences
in their environments.
2)Describe physical developments that occur in infants bet