The effect of salinity and pH on peroxidase reaction rate
This study was conducted in order to determine how different factors affect enzyme reaction
rate. Salinity and pH were tested to determine their effect on enzyme reaction rate, and a
1. The shells are open when the adductor muscle is relaxed
2. The shells come together and close when the muscle is contracted
3. When the muscle expands and contracts, the shell opens and closes, creating a
swimming like movement through the water
One hypothesis is that the caterpillar get diseases due to the buildup of their feces. This gives the
non poop shooting caterpillars a higher fitness by default because some of the non poop shooting
have a fitness of 0 because they die. This leaves more r
What is it?
A philadelphia chromosome is the name for the condition where genetic information on the 9th
and 22nd chromosome are rearranged. This is only found in cancer cells, specifically in blood
cancers such as leukemia.
How many people have it?
What is Red-Green Colorblindness?
A mutation affecting the production of red and green photopigments causes the function
of our cone cells to be limited or lost.
It is the most common type of colorblindness.
It is a sex linked trait carried on the X ch
1. Do you think the Paleo diet is environmentally sustainable? What are some caveats to your
Though the paleo diet is more sustainable than the diet of the average american, there are
better food choices that favor sustainability, such as cu
1. In a histogram, the number of cells with each antibody is counted and plotted with
different size curves based on fluorescence on a histogram. On a dot plot, each cell with
a certain fluorescence is plotted in different quadrants.
2. White blood cells,
1. Describe the structure of hemoglobin. How is the structure of hemoglobin suitable for oxygen
Hemoglobin is a tetramer that has four subunits. These subunits each contain a heme group.
The iron in the heme groups each bind to an oxygen, allow
1. The sensory nervous system is responsible for detecting stimuli from the environment and
sending it to the brain. The auditory system is specifically responsible for auditory stimuli, or
2. Sound waves enter the outer ear, goes through the aud
1. Propose a list of questions that an evolutionary biologist might ask about this system in order
to design an experiment.
Why do the manakins work together even though one male will not mate?
Why is it evolutionarily beneficial to work together?