1. What are the terrestrial planets?
A planet primarily composed of silicate rock or metals.
2. How were the inner and outer planets formed?
By the same spinning disc of dust known as the solar nebula.
3. What role do impact craters play on Venus? Which p
1. What are stars made from?
Hydrogen and Helium
2. Why do stars appear to move across the sky?
Because the Earth is spinning AND orbiting around the sun.
3. What are sky maps? How are they made?
A map of the night sky. They are divided i
1. What is the study of the cosmos? The study of the cosmos includes
The study of the cosmos include studying the universe, the planets,
the stars, the galaxies, and nebulas.
2. How do astronomers think the universe was created?
The Big Bang
1. Describe the Milky Way. What does it contain?
A large cluster of stars. With dust and planets and other matter. The
Milky Way contains over 200 billion stars.
2. How are galaxies organized and distributed within the universe?
They are not distributed w
1. Why do astronomers think that there may be other advanced civilizations?
Recently, it was discovered that there are other planets like Earth out there,
able to accommodate life forms. The universe has been around for 10 billion
years, and the Earth has