Chapter 3 Hands-On Project #5
Preparing a Writing Sample Tips
1. Keep the topic of the writing sample related to the job you are interviewed for. First, ask the
interviewer or employer what specifically they are looking for. If they do not specify, then k
Chapter 2 Hands-On Project #7
Gulf Coast State College
Library Service Desk
I asked around the campus for the location of the schools service desk. While I
got a lot of blank stares and some What do you mean comments, the general
consensus was to head to
Chapter 5 Review Questions
2. List two reasons why companies combine or integrate tools and technologies.
To quickly transfer data between systems and to automate routine tasks.
4. List four factors that influence the availability of tools in a service de
Chapter 4 Hands-On Project #6
Knowledge Sharing for Cross-Generational Workers
The workers of today have all come from different eras. Companies have realized that many of
their senior workers are not retiring as soon as anticipated and are now working al
Chapter 3 Review Questions
1. What two principal job categories exist within a typical service desk?
Front-line service providers and service desk management.
3. What role do front-line service providers play in a service desk?
Front-line service provider
Chapter 7 Review Questions
1. Briefly describe the three factors that influence where a service desk is located.
Accessibility, security, and wellness.
3. Describe three ways that companies promote wellness when designing a workplace.
Exposure to natural
Chapter 6 Review Questions
1. How are metrics used in a service desk setting, and how are they created?
Metrics are used to assess their efficiency and effectiveness and to evaluate customer
satisfaction levels. They are created by using a measurement fra
Chapter 2 Review Questions
2. Briefly describe the difference between a help desk and a service desk.
A service desk has a wide scope of responsibility and handles service requests, communications,
and incidents, while a help desk typically handles only i
Chapter 7 Essay
Where ITIL Service Delivery Fits
ITIL Service Delivery certainly has a place in every service desk. These processes were
designed to assist in outlining the many roles and responsibilities of the service desk, both
customer-related and non
Chapter 4 Review Questions
2. Explain the relationship between processes and procedures.
Processes define what tasks need to be accomplished, and is backed by procedures that provide
step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish those tasks.