Epilepsy is a neurological disorder marked by sudden recurrent episodes of sensory
disturbance, loss of consciousness, or convulsions, associated with abnormal electrical activity in
the brain and throughout the body. The largest symptom of epile
a. Each human cell has 46 chromosomes. They are organized into two sets of 23
each. Two sex chromosomes determine your sex X and Y. Other living things
have different amounts of chromosomes such as mosquitos having 6
chromosomes. DNA is held i
o Humans have the ability to see hundreds of colors. 23 millions years our
ancestors red and green color blind. All eyes rely on special proteins called opsins
to detect color. Signals are then transferred to the brain. We h
1. What are the differences between carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, and nucleic acids
and their structures?
2. Describes the roles of each of the following, carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, and
3. Give examples of each of the fol
Fifty to sixty thousand years ago, a small group of Africans used boats to cross the strait.
Another theory is that the Africans moved up the coast and through the Sinai Peninsula. The
reason these groups left, is unknown, however, some theories exist on
Inner Primate: Four Concepts
1. We are primates, for example we have the ability to grasp things. We share a common
evolution with the monkey.
2. Notharctus adapted to life in the trees. We share a common hand concept with
Notharctus. Around 300 million y
Dumbo Octopus Classification:
Species: Dumbo Octopus
The Dumbo octopus is interesting and weird because it is known as th
1. How is the Zika virus acquired?
a. The Zika virus is primarily spread through the bite of an infected mosquito of the
Aedes species mosquito.
2. What does the Zika virus do during pregnancy?
a. Zika virus infection during pregnancy can cause
Around the world, many if not all, medical research institutions make use of animals
for the testing of science procedures, medicine, and vaccinations. Animal experimentation
plays an important role and allows many scien
1. Give one similarity between each of the following organic molecules:
Carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, nucleic acids
2. Explain each organic molecules function.