Communication between managers and employees is important because it provides the information
necessary to get work done in organizations. Thus, theres no doubt that communication is
fundamentally linked to managerial performance
Exam 3 Hit List
Channel of distribution: a set of interdependent organizations that eases the transfer
of ownership as products move from producer to business user or consumer.
Channel members: All parties in the
1. _ refers to the practice of including ethnic themes and cross-cultural
practices within a company's mainstream.
o A total market strategy.
2. Which of the following is a social factor that influences consumer buying behavior?
o Roles and status.
3. A p
1. _ involves dividing a market into smaller segments of buyers with distinct
needs or behaviors that might require separate marketing strategies.
o Market Segmenting
2. _ consists of arranging for a market offering to occupy a clear, distinctive, and
1. _ is a short-term incentive to encourage the purchase or sale of a product or
o Sales promotion
2. Specific promotional tools used in _ include press releases, sponsorships,
events, and web pages.
o Public relations
3. Which promotional tool e
1. Which of the following BEST describes the purpose of the customer insights team?
o To create more value for customers.
2. What is MIS?
o A marketing information system.
3. Cupcakes by Cindy is attempting to gather information about its customers in ord
1. A brand new hardware company is writing its mission statement. Which of the
following is the BEST mission statement possible for the new company?
o We will help customers build, invigorate, restore, refurbish, or completely
redesign their homes or busi
1. Which of the following statements about personal selling is correct?
o Many customers are unable to distinguish the salesperson from the company.
2. Which of the following statements is true regarding salespeople?
o The best salespeople are the ones wh
Google is a multinational organization built around the companys search engine. It has
been a very successful company since the beginning with its revenue growing from $3.2 billion
in 2002 to $66 billion by 2014. This type of success all stems from the ad
1.How does money make the exchange process easier? What would shopping be like if
money didn't exist?
The exchange process becomes much easier because instead of having to look for that one
person to trade with who may have a need for a your item or value
CHAPTER 1 QUIZ
1 out of 1 points
_ is an organizational function and a collection of processes designed
to plan for, create, communicate, and deliver value to customers.
SWOT Analysis Template
Situation being analysed:
This SWOT example is for a new business opportunity. Many criteria can apply to more
than one quadrant. Identify criteria appropriate to your own SWOT situation.
Nordstrom Case Study
Nordstrom Case Study
1. What customer insight methods would you suggest for Nordstrom in truly understand the
needs and wants of their customers?
Consumer market insight is defined by the The American