Reliable Science Advertisement Study- Lab
Topic: Advertisement Due 9/7- 5 pts
Copy of Advertisement- 3 pts
What is the Ads claim? (Their
hypothesis)- 5 pts
Did they conduct experiments
(testing)- 2 pts
Were the experiments well designed?5pts
APES Ch. 5 Notes
Summarize the Core Case Study: The Southern Sea Otter: A Species in Recovery
Five types of interactions among species- interspecific competition, predation, parasitism,
mutualism, and commensalism- affect the resource use
CHAPTER 3ECOSYSTEMS: WHAT ARE THEY AND HOW DO THEY WORK?
1. Although tropical rain forests are only 2% of the earths land surface, they contain what percentage of the earths land plants and
CHAPTER 1ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEMS, THEIR CAUSES, AND
1. Which of the following is not a goal of environmental science?
a. learn how nature works
b. understand how we interact with the environment
c. find ways to deal with envi
APES Ch. 3 Notes
Summarize Case Study- Tropical Rain Forests Are Disappearing (p. 52)
Earths life-support system consists of four major components:
Three factors sustain the Earths life:
APES Ch. 4 Notes
Summarize the Core Case Study: Why are amphibians vanishing? (page 78)
The biodiversity found in genes, species, ecosystems, and ecosystem processes is vital to
sustaining life on earth
Biodiversity- the variety of the ea
APES Chapter 2 Review
1. Describe the difference between a control group and experimental group.
2. Summarize what happened in the field study about deforestation.
3. Describe the steps in the scientific method.
4. What is the difference between a scienti
CHAPTER 4BIODIVERSITY AND EVOLUTION
1. Biodiversity includes all of the following components except
a. functional diversity
b. genetic diversity
c. intellectual diversity
d. ecological diversity
e. species diversity
2. The diversity
Home Energy Audit: Electricity Use
Type of Dwelling: (single-family home, apartment, condo., etc) _
Number of Occupants:_
Procedure for Monitoring Electric Appliances
1. Carefully unplug the appliance.
2. Locate the information tag.
3. Record the w
APES Ch. 2 Teacher Notes
Core Case Study: The scientist found that with no plants to help absorb and retain water, the
amount of water flowing out of the deforested valley increased by 30-40%.
Scientific hypothesis- a possible and testable answer to