What was Cumberland Road also known as the National Road? a. In 1811, the
government started building the Great National Pike.
b. It started in Maryland and went west.
c. This National road came to be known as Cumberland Road or the National Road.
Who owned Texas and Mexico before 1821?
a. Texas had always been a part of Mexico and Mexico belonged to Spain.
2. When did Mexico win its independence from Spain?
a. In 1821, Mexico won its independence from Spain.
3. After Mexico won its independence
44. What present day states made up the Oregon Country in 1818?
washington, oregon. idahao,montana wyoming.
47. What impact did the Lewis and Clark Expedition have on the Oregon Country?
Russia, spain, great britain united states all claimes land in the o
. What country did Florida belong to? Why was Florida a problem?
Florida belonged to Spain
Runaway slaves from the south ran to Florida
Slaves and their Indian friends would cross the border of the us settlements the
flee back to Florida
the Spanish did n
1. What was Lincolns plan for reconstructing the South?
a. President Lincoln had been making plans for Reconstruction of the
South before the war was even over.
b. Lincolns plans treated the South very generously. He did not want to
punish the South; he w
1. Under President Johnsons plans, could men who had been CONFEDERATE leaders
still hold high government jobs?
a. Yes, President Johnson allowed Confederate Leaders to still hold high-powered
What were the Black Codes? l
a. Even though
Why did both the North and the South have an interest in states in the West?
Everyone realized that some day the western lands would become states in the Union.
2. Why did the North and South argue over which side the new states should enter?
Where a new
1. Who was Matthew Brady?
one of the most famous photographers during the civil war. He documented the civil war
and took pictures of famous celebrities
2. Where did most of the Civil War battles take place?
Most of the fighting during the Civil War took
How does the Anaconda kill its prey?
it surrounds the enemy and closes in on it to squeeze the life out of it.
How was the Conda Plan used on the Civil War?
The North slowly squeezed the life out of the South by using a few methods.
How did block
1. What happened at the Battle of Bull Run?
a. The North suffered a crushing defeat.
b. The Southern Army sent the Northerners fleeing back to Washington DC.
Everyone, including the picnickers rushed to escape as cannon fire roared overhead
2. Were the pe