Thesis Statement Guidelines
A Thesis Statement:
Is one sentence (at the end of the introductory paragraph) that tells the reader
what the paper is going to be about.
Is a road map for the paper; in other words, it tells the reader what to expect
English II College Prep
Revising your Thesis Statement
Are you having trouble formulating your thesis statement? If so, try out the formula below:
1. Introduce the title and author,
2. Present your topic, and then
3. The theme as it rel
Option 1: Prejudice
Revised thesis statement:
Directions: For each number, choose a quote from To Kill a Mockingbird relevant to your topic
to use in your research paper. Remember, a quote can be dialogue or narration from Scouts
Research Paper Outline
Directions: Use this template to create your outline. (Open this document, SAVE it as Research
Outline on your flash drive or H drive; then type your own research information into it; delete my
reminders, such as add ba
The Odyssey: Part 2
1. What do we learn about Odysseus right at the beginning of the story? What
characteristics does he have?
2. What do we learn in line 12? What is the speaker foreshadowing?
New Coasts and Poseidons Son
The Odyssey: Part 3
Father and Son
1. What has happened since Odysseus left home?
2. What special thing is she able to do?
3. Who is Odysseus disguised as?
4. What does Athena desire? What does this mean for Odysseus?
5. How does Telemachus
The Odyssey: Part 2
Sea Perils and defeat
1. After several days at sea where did they land? Who survived?
2. Where was the next stop? What happened to the half of his men he sent to explore the
3. How long were they on this island?
CP English 1: Heroes Research Paper
The popularity of the heroic tradition seen in Greek and other ancient cultures has continued to the present day.
Legends immortalize cultural heroes, fairy tales echo heroic themes, and folk tales show aver
Research Paper Selections
Baruch Blumberg, 1976-2011(Nobel Prize for Medicine)
Winston Churchill, 1874-1965 (Prime Minister of England)
Martin Luther King Jr, 1929-1968 (Civil Rights Leader)
Mike Huckabee, 1955-? (Governor of Arkansas)
Franklin D. Roos
CP Research Paper Steps and Requirements
Read chosen biography and complete guiding sheet.
Create a working thesis and have it approved
Gather 6 sources
Create a Turnitin.com account
Create a working Works Cited page
Create a final thesis statement and ha
The Odyssey Powerpoint Notes
I. Background Information
The Odyssey was originally passed down through _ _.
The story is believed to have been written down in the _ century, or _B.C.
The Odyssey was written down by _, a BARD or _ _ who