Heat of Fusion and Vaporization of Water
Objective: The purpose of this lab is to observe the heat of fusion and vaporization of water, and to find the
amount of heat needed for each of these changes.
500 mL beaker, 150 mL of Ice
Chem 101 Activity on Dimensional Analysis
All measurements consist of a numerical value AND a unit.
Q1. In the drawing of the buyers thoughts, what does 2 pounds represent?
a) In the buyers thoughts, which number is a conv
MP4 Quarterly Review
1. Complete the following table.
Does it separate on
2. What two components make up a
MP4 Quarterly Review 2
C of ice = 2.06 J/gC
C of water = 4.18 J/gC
C of steam = 2.02 J/gC
Hfus = 6.02 kJ/mol
Hvap = 40.7 kJ/mol
Use the chart above to answer questions 1- 4.
1. Identify the states of matter for numbers 1, 3, and
W AT ER AND AQ UE O US SY ST EMS
1. How do the interactions between
BONDS & BOND POLARITY
water molecules account for the
unique properties of water?
2. How do aqueous solutions form?
Chapter 16: Solutions
1. Will tea brew fast with or without stirring?
2. Predict and explain whether sugar will dissolve faster in hot tea or iced tea.
3. Which would dissolve faster cubed or granular sugar?
Factors That Affect Sol
1. What is the molarity of 5.00 moles of NaOH in 0.750 L of solution?
2. Determine the molarity of a 1.500 L solution containing 0.629
moles of Al2SO4.
Molarity and Dilutions
6. How many moles of NaCl are contain in 100.0 mL of a 0.20 M
Chapter 15 & 16: Solutions Study Guide and Review
1. Complete the table below.
Does it separate on
2. A st
Solutions, Suspensions, Colloids Lab Makeup Assignment
Due Date: Next Lab Day
Research and write a brief paper including the following topics. Make sure to use your own
words. Plagiarism will result in a zero for the assignment. Paper can be typed or hand
Classifying Mixtures Lab: Solutions, Suspensions, and Colloids
Purpose: to differentiate between a solution, a suspension, and a colloid.
1. What is the Tyndall Effect?
2. If a mixture separates upon standing, the mixture mus
Soil and Water
Milk and Water
Description of the mixture at
the start of the experiment.
Description of the mixture
Objective: We will attempt to determine the concentration of NaOH in a solution by titrating the unknown with
a known concentration of HCl.
1. What is the defining characteristic of a strong acid?
2. What are the pro