Vietnam War Test Review Sheet
1. Between the mid-1950s and the mid-1970s, the United States and the Soviets oscillated
between dangerous confrontation and a marked lessening of tensions, or dtente. Explain the
background leading up to the
Germany World War I, Reparations, Economic Depression
U.S. Impressment, Burning of White House
U.S.S.R. Early Defeats by Germans in World War II
Rhetoric: Defense of National Honor and Prestige
Germany National Socialis
End of Cold War Era Quiz Review
1. What were the social, economic, and political reasons for the collapse of the Communist
regime in the former Soviet Union?
2. How did Gorbachev attempt to reform communism in the Soviet Union? Why did he
1. What socio-economic, political, and environmental developments in the fourteenth
century undermined the prosperity and stability of medieval society?
2. Compare and contrast the Italian Renaissance with the northern Renaissanc
1. What, for medieval Europeans, was the problem raised by the rediscovery of Aristotelian
thought? How did Thomas Aquinas resolve this problem? In what way did scholastic
philosophy lay the foundation for later European thought?
The Changing Modern World
With the end of communism in Europe in the late twentieth century, some observers suggested that the entire
world would now move in the direction of democratic governments and capitalist economies. However, new
The International Revolt Against Soviet Communism
At the close of the twentieth century, the world was transformed by the collapse of communism. In the Soviet
Union, Gorbachevs reforms unleashed a crisis that led to the dissolution of the
Coexistence, Confrontation, and the New Global Economy
By the late 1950s, the world had been transformed in many ways, but the Cold War continued to threaten the
prospects for global peace. Many Soviet leaders proved more open to the possi
1990s Quiz Review
1. Why were the 1990s an economic and political turning point for western Europe and
2. Discuss the changing role of religion in the world since 1945. How do you account for
the recent rise of fundamentalism?