1) What is the MAIN concept behind circular motion?
2) Draw proper FBDs for the following situations.
a) A car traveling in a circle w/constant speed. The car is constantly turning to the right.
b) A person on a
1) What are the major concepts of projectile motion?
2) What demonstrations did you see that helped develop an understanding of the concepts above? More
important, use the concepts to explain why you observed what you observed during the demonst
Breaking the Law?
This morning he was running late because his watch was broken and he had no
idea what time it was. He didnt want to be late because he would be making a bad
impression as a new teacher. The traffic on South Ave was a nightmare. As he was
1) Develop a full understanding of the new variables and how to use them in the old/new math reps.
2) Be able to calculate Torque and use it in Newtons 2nd law for rotation (=I)
3) Understand what is meant by rotationa
REVIEW SHEET FOR ELECTROSTATICS TEST
This unit is very conceptual with little math. Therefore, it would be best to review your notes, homeworks, quiz, lab/quiz, and electroscope lab. You should
have a basic understanding of the following:
How do like char
REVIEW SHEET FOR ELECTRIC FIELDS TEST
1) What do electric field lines represent? How can you tell the charge of an object by looking at the
2) If electric field lines point to the right, which way will a negative charge feel a force?
2) How c
Sound and Waves Review Sheet
0.5) How do we lose hearing?
1) What happens to a wave when it reaches a fixed boundary?
2) What happens to a wave when it reaches an open boundary?
3) What happens to the wavelength, frequency, speed, and amplitude of a wave
Netwons 1st law Net force and therefore acceleration is zero. Be able to relate it to the
demonstrations we saw. You should be able to explain the reasoning behind all the demos you
Newtons 2nd law. F=ma be able to apply it in problems, but
1) Slope of a p-t graph=_
2) Slope of a v-t graph=_
3) y-int on a p-t graph=_
4) y-int on a v-t graph=_
5) M.R. #1 is used only under what circumstances?
6) Which M.R. helps if you dont have time?
Which M.R. helps if you dont have displace
Quiz 3 Practice Problems
1. Name the 7 bands of the electromagnetic spectrum.
2. What are the longest and shortest wavelengths of visible light?
3. Define transparent, translucent and opaque and give an example of each.
4. List the three primary col
QUIZ 2 REVIEW QUESTIONS
1. What is Bernoulli's Principle?
2. What is Archimedes Principle?
3. What is Pascal's Principle?
4. What is the pressure on a 100 N crate that is 2 cm by 2cm by 2 cm?
5. What is the water pressure at 6.5 m deep in a fresh
Quiz 1 Review Questions
Work, Power and Energy
1. Define potential energy.
2. Define kinetic energy.
3. A 30 kg box is lifted 2 m off the ground. How must work was done?
4. A weight lifter lifts 50 N in 0.75 seconds. How far must he lift the weight to pro
Electrical forces/Static electricity
1. Compare the size of gravitational and electric forces. Which is larger?
2. What happens to the electric force if
a) One charge doubles
b) Both charges double
c) The distance doubles
d) The distance is halved