Vertical Belt Sander Safety
1. The Belt sander is a power tool, and it
must be used safely and correctly.
2. The friction of the sanding causes heat.
Be careful when you touch a surface right
3. Dont sand small pieces of stock on the
Router Safety Rules
1. Use the router only with your instructors
2. Use the router only after its correct, safe
use has been demonstrated for you and
you understand what you where shown. If
you have any doubts, ask questions.
3. Wear eye prote
Radial Arm Saw Safety
1. Get Permission from your instructor before
you use the radial arm saw.
2. For normal use, the saw should be set for
90 degree crosscut. Get permission
before you make any changes in the setup or make any type of cut.
3. Be sure th
1. Get your instructors permission before
you use the planer.
2. Wear eye protection and ear protection.
Some planers are extremely loud. Use
ear muffs when you operate the planer.
3. Know the controls. You made need to
stop the planer in an
Jointer Safety Rules
1. Get the instructors permission before you
use the jointer.
2. Check the safety guard over the cutter
head. Make sure it swings freely and
returns to its position over the cutter head.
3. The fence should be set so that no more
n Drive nails.
n Set screws.
n Use bolts.
n Use glue.
n Assemble wood parts.
n When fastening wood, a joint that is
strong enough to do the job should be
chosen. A joint is the union of two
materials. Joints may be secured with
Drill Press Safety Rules
1. Observe all safety rules that apply to use
of power equipment. Get permission,
remove jewelry and wear eye protection.
2. Use only bits that are designed and
manufactured for machine operation.
3. Be sure the cutting tool is sh
Circular Table Saw Safety
1. Use the right type of blade and be sure it
is sharp and in good condition. A dull
blade is much more dangerous than a
2. The blade must be installed correctly with
the teeth pointing toward the infeed side
Basic Shop Safety
21. Keep work benches clear and
organized. Dont pile up tools and dont
lay tools down so they hang over the
edge of the bench.
22. Always use a brush or a rag to clear
away sawdust and scraps. Never use
your hands to wipe off a
BASIC SHOP SAFETY
1. Always wear eye protection. Wear safety
glasses, goggles or a face shield.
2. Get the instructors permission before
you use any equipment.
3. Use the equipment only when the
instructor is in the shop.
4. Report all accidents,
Band Saw Safety Rules
1. Before you use the band saw, check the
blade. Be sure the blade is sharp and that
it is the right type of blade for the work
you want to do.
2. Check the tension of the blade and check
to be sure its installed properly with the