CELLS UNIT QUESTION ANSWERS
1a. Because it is living, you must use a light microscope.
b. Details of the surface of a hair you can use a scanning electron microscope.
2. Cells are small because efficiency in moving substances in and out via diffusion
Ch 5 MACROMOLECULES QUESTION ANSWERS
MACROMOLECULE UNIT QUESTION ANSWERS
Carbohydrate and Proteins
1. Carbohydrates, Proteins and Nucleic acids are polymers. Lipids are not
2. Ten monomers would be joined by 9 bonds. Breaking a bond via hydrolys
ANSWERS CL BIOLOGY TEST #1 REVIEW
Ch 1 Exploring Life
2. Cell, tissue, organ.
4. The sun
6. Are due to the arrangement and
7. Emergent properties
11. Eukarya & Fungi
College Biology Cells
The modern tenets of the Cell Theory include:
1. All known living things are made up of cells.
2. The cell is structural & functional unit of all living things. It is the
1. What purpose do carbohydrates serve?
2. In what 3 forms do carbohydrates exist?
3. What are the monomers of carbohydrates called?
4. Name the 3 MOST common monosaccharides.
5. Sketch a molecule of each of these monosaccharides. How
Webquest on Endomembrane System and Cytoskeleton
AP Bio 1
Name_ Date _
To complete this webquest you will visit 4 websites. Answer all questions neatly and
I. Go to learn.genetics.utah.edu. Click on Amazing Cells and then on Membranes
CL Biology Exam #1 Study Guide
Students should study notes and have completed and understand answers to all chapter
1 Themes of Biology
1. Prokaryotic vs Eukaryotic cells:
2. Characteristics shared by all living things:
3. Characteristics share