Solution to Q1
Answers will describe three types of uncertainty in SCA, environment, values and related
agendas. Any particular uncertainty may have elements of more than one type
They should describe that some uncertainties arise from differences of opin
What makes capitalism work?
Markets, aggregate, decentralized information, relative scarcity, direct, flow of private capital,
profitable use of capital, scarce
Market, fail, firms, market power
Firms, contest, market power, entry and innovatio
(graphics not included)
By October 1990, two new entrants suffered a combined investment of 1.25 billion and a weekly
10 million loss and are waiting desperately the Christmas season to fall in better hands. Rather
than behave rationally an
eHarmony Case Study
Describe the ways in which eHarmony practices execution intelligence. How
important of a part of eHarmonys success do you think these practices represent?
Execution intelligence is the ability to fashion a solid idea into a viable busi
Design and management of organizations
- Provides an economic framework for analyzing the management of talent
- We use the economic framework to examine the attraction, motivation, and retention of
talent under varying institutional and competitive envir
1. What is industry concentration, and how does it differ from the degree of competition in an
industry? Explain approaches to measuring these two aspects of strategic interaction
Industry concentration is the extent to which market shares are concentrate
1) If bidders 2 and 3 bid their values per click
- Either bidder 1 also bids his value per click, in which case he will get the top position and
will pay the second highest price, which is worth 250*(20-10) =2500
- Alternatively, he bids higher or lower.
Strategy for the information economy
Two aspects of the information economy
- Information goods
- Auctions for market design
Economics, business strategies and business model
Analyze strategies for the information economy (business mode
A2 Does an increase in the degree of product differentiation in an industry
affect the firms ability to collude. If so, why and how?
Collusion benefit: Bigger market size.
-First, when products are differentiated, they have different
OR202 Summer Exam 2013 Solutions
1. An answer must address the difference between problems and messes or tame and wicked
It must explain that knowing what is relevant data depends on how the problem is framed and
different problem defi
26 September 7,2006 UPTOWN.ARTS
What dreams may come
Travelling exhibit showcases the nighttime fantasies of 30 artists
IN YOUR DREAMS, until sept.19,
Mennonite Heritage Centre Gallery
reams can be delicate subject for art.