Hitler and Nazism in Germany
1. What were two of the most important influences on Nazism?
Two of the most important influences on Nazism were extreme nationalism and racism.
Also, Hitlers evil genius and Germanys social and political situation brought on
Ch. 10&13: European Society in the Age of the Renaissance and Discovery
The Evolution of the Italian Renaissance
A. How it Began
1. The Renaissance was a period of commercial, financial, political and cultural
achievement from 1050 to 1300.
The Protestant Reformation was a time of an enormous revolution in which the
countries of Europe were searching for stability and changing in quite a few ways.
Germany, where the Reformation began, was the main country that these changes
1. After the end of the Crimean War, Russia was forced to surrender territory near the mouth of
the Danube River, to recognize the neutrality of the Black Sea, and to renounce its claims to
protect Orthodox Christians in the Ottoman em
Congress of Vienna and the Conservative Order
1. The Congress of Vienna assembled in September 1814. The four great powers of Britain,
Austria, Russia, and Prussia conducted the important work of the conference. The powers
strengthened the states
1. Before 1850, most of the population was illiterate. However, the situation changed during the
next half of the century. This was due to government financed education. By 1900, in Britain,
France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, and Scandinav
1. Bismarck insisted after 1871 that Germany was a satisfied power and wanted no further
territorial gains, and he meant it. He wanted to avoid a new war that might undo his
achievement. He tried to assuage French resentment by pursuing friendly r