Quiz 1 Review and Answers
1. List the levels of organization of the earth starting at the cellular level and working up to the biosphere.
Genes and DNA, Cells, Tissues, Organs, Organ Systems, Organisms, Populations,
Ecosystems: community of living things
Membrane Review with Answers
1. Review membrane proteins. List at least 3 functions of membrane proteins.
Signaling, identification, transport, enzyme activity
2. Explain WHY molecules diffuse across a membrane? To achieve equilibrium.
3. If you place a f
Cellular Respiration and Photosynthesis Review w/ Answers
1a) When does the body use fermentation? What are the products of fermentation in the body?
When the cell has run out of oxygen to use. Lactic acid & NAD+.
1b) Fermentation is the bodys back up pla
List the products of:
2 ATP & NADH
Do Now (You have until
the song ends for the
second time to complete
3 CO2 molecules
4 NADH molecules
1 ATP molecule
1 FADH2 molecule
Finish up Ferm
Process by which unrelated species become more
similar as they adapt to the same environ.
Divergent Evolution (Adaptive Radiation)
2 or more related pops/species
Cell division occurs in a series of stages, or phases.
Chromosomes are copied (# doubles)
Chromosomes appear as threadlike coils (chromatin)
at the start, but each chromosome and its copy
(sister chromosome) change to siste
EVOLUTION OF SPECIES
1. Explain Darwins version of the theory of Evolution.
2. What were Darwins conclusions?
3. Explain an example of natural selection.
4. How were the Galapagos Finches an example of adaptive radiation?
1) Compare and contrast Abiotic and Biotic factors of an ecosystem:
2) List and describe the 5 major levels of organization for ecology:
3) Define the following terms:
Examples of resources:
Chapter 5 Review Answer Key
5. B-side groups
7. B-lowers the activation energy
8. Energy - Pasta is a starch, which is a polysaccharide made up of glucose
How do animals obtain energy? Is it the
same or different for plants?
Notes on Cellular Respiration (Takes
place in the mitochondria in eukaryotic
Energy & Life
Energy is the ability to do work.
Test Review: Cells to an Organism
I. Define the following Terms.
II. The following questions ask you to connect two main ideas that we ha
Many factors affect:
Size: # indiv
Density: how crowded
(number per area)
distribution of indiv
Clumped clusters of indiv
Uniform indiv separated by
Random indiv location
independent of others
WHAT CAUSES CHANGES IN