English 11 Midterm Review Answer Key
Macbeth, by William Shakespeare
1. When the witches say, "Fair is foul, and foul is fair" what do they mean?
Appearance and reality are not always the same. Or, what people say and what they believe m
Between Heaven And Hell
Read this essay about the Puritan Tradition and answer the following
Questions. Page 134-135 Textbook
Explain the disadvantage of living under a theocratic government.
What is the writer
The Scarlet Letter Anticipation Guide
By Nathaniel Hawthorne
These are the questions you will be responsible for answering while reading the novel.
All tests and quizzes will come from this information.
Describe the Setting and what life is like
English 11 The Salem Witch Trials Research
* Go to Google /Type in Salem Witch Trials /Click on Salem witch Trials 1692/Take notes
Principal Players and the role each played:
Social Conditions at the time:
A Raisin In The Sun
By Lorraine Hansberry
Video Anticipation Guide
CONCEPTS The American Dream/Integrity
1. Define Setting.
2. Describe the setting of the play and how it influences the characters behavior.
3. Define Acute-ghetto-ittis.
4. What imp
Regents Comprehensive English Exam
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
8:00 - 11:00 AM
If you arrive late you will be admitted, but the Listening section will not be repeated. You will not be given extra time.
Be sure your cell phone is turned off, or leav
Vocabulary Quiz: Poetry
I. Choose the best answer to the question and write True or False on the answer line.
1. A metaphor is a kind of figure of speech.
2. A simile is a kind of metaphor.
3. An allusion is a referen
Critical Lens Essay Planning Sheet
Critical Lens Statement:
Two Literary Works and Authors:
State the critical lens as one complete sentence (include authors name):
Restate the critical l
Oral Commentary Literary Works Review Sheet
Directions: 1. SIGN UP FOR YOUR ORAL COMMENTARY Double check the test schedule and sign up for time that is good for you
2. Complete the following chart using your knowledge of each text, your notes, and
The Catcher in the Rye JD Salinger
Chapter 1 3:
o Part of Speech: _
o Definition in your Own Words:
o Original Sentence:
o Part of Speech: _
Thesis Statement Formula:
Transition + T1 + T2 + T3
(the purpose of constructing your thesis
statements in this manner is to make your audience
aware of what you
Easybib.com Tip Sheet
Easybib.com is a website designed to assist you in successfully creating a Works Cited page for your
research paper. However, easybib.com is not fool-proof! You need to know how to use the website;
otherwise your Wor
Ethan Frome Study Guide IX - End
English 11 -
1. What changes have occurred in Matties room?
2. What excuse does Zeena give for wanting Ethan to stay home? What is Ethans response?
3. What does Ethan suggest before he takes Mattie