If a manager is concerned about doing the work in such a manner that it yields the desired
result, then his or her primary managerial concern is.
1. If a manager is concerned about doing the work with the least cost and waste po
1. Which of the following statements is true?
d. companies can be both profitable and socially responsible
2. One of the most difficult things for a business to restore after an ethics scandal is:
3. _ in particular have the opportunities to influen
13 April 2017
Check Your Progress
4. Name the five functions of management, and briefly describe each function.
4. The five functions of management are planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling.
MGMT Mid-term Review
1. The term _ refers to a business obligation to maximize it positive impact and
minimalize its negative impact on society.
- Social responsibility
2. The _ act criminalizes security fraud and toughened penalties for corporate fraud.
MID TERM REVIEW
-Principles & Standards that determine acceptable conducting business organizations are referred
to as: a. Business Ethics
-Laura is a manager and makes financial decisions that benefit her. This is referred to as?
-Conflict of interest
MGMT1001 Chapter 5: Small Business, Entrepreneurship,
1. Megha is a taekwondo expert who starts her own martial arts training academy. She conducts
taekwondo classes for women and teaches them the art of self-defense. Megha can be regarded
1. Operations management has the primary responsibility of
A) Securing funds for the activities of an organization
B) Conducting research on consumer behavior
C) Creating good and services that satisfy customers
D) Developing only intangible pro
1. _ refer to a firms shared values, beliefs, traditions, philosophies, rules, and role
models for behavior.
a. D.Organization culture
2. Which of the following statements is true about an organizational chart in the context
of organizational structure?
Design document is the guidance of training development and explaining the training to
managers. The design document includes the scope of project such as the goal, audience, design
time and checkpoints, length of the course, delivery such as t
P49 Question 1:
Economic cycles, globalization, increased value placed on intangible assets and human capital,
focus on link to business strategy, changing demographics and diversity of the workforce, talent
management, customer service and quality emphas
P145 Question 2
I would like to use the online technology, because it is available to monitor and track employee
performance. The information is useful for identifying training needs and providing employees
with feedback regarding their strengths and weak
Based on the working experience in the marketing company, I learned lots of effective training
techniques. The first thing I got is the cross training, it allows me to experience other jobs, which not
only enhance the knowledge of the employees, but also
1. Crest 3D White Luxe
a) Crest 3D White will provide you with a whiter smile guaranteed and it
also has sensitivity relief.
b) This product is an example of consumer needs, its necessary daily for
c) The most competitive product for Crest
JOHNSON & WALES UNIVERSITY
The College of Business
MRKT 3005 Brand Marketing
Professor J. Rose
Sara De La Rosa
May 4, 2015
Term Project: Written Component
CERTIFICATION OF AUTHORSHIP: I certify that I am th
Name brand companies known for gift giving operate in different segments of the
economy. They share strategy, the creation of something called a lifestyle brand. Lifestyle
brands resonate with people who expect to live increasingly stylish lives.
In our survey we found that everyone we surveyed owned a pair of headphones.
Most people preferred quality over price.
Brand recognition, is the main factor in purchasing decision.
Most people were willing to pay the minimum of $10 to $30 dollars
Complete a needs assessment on your respective industry or company and put together a
paper and power point presentation due on the last week of class. You need to state the
following in your presentation. The industry or company Miss