5.8 Earth Science
The student will:
A. Earths Properties and Materials
1. Explain the interrelationship of the geosphere, hydrosphere, and
B. Processes that Shape the Earth
1. Know that Earth is a system in which chemical elements ex
B. Diversity and Biological Evolution
1. Explain that through evolution the Earth's present species
developed from earlier distinctly different species.
2. Explain how the theory of natural selection accounts for extinction
as well as an increase in the p
5.3 Mathematical Application
The student will:
A. Numerical Operations
1. Reinforce indicators from previous grade level.
B. Geometry and Measurement
1. When performing mathematical operations with measured
quantities, express answers to reflect the
Chapter 17, 23 44
1. Who is known as the Father of Taxonomy?
Cold blooded (exothermic)
Warm blooded (endothermic)
3. What two taxa (names) are used in binomial nomenclature t
1. Define the following:
2. What is symbiosis? Discuss the three types of symbiotic relationships.
3. What is a food c
Multiple allele trait
1. What are the two types of nucleic acids?
2. Where is DNA found
2. List the 3 main steps to the cell cycle?
3. How does DNA fit into the nucleus of the cell?
4. In which step does the cell remain for the longest period of time?
5. How many daughter cells are produced at the end of
1. Is the cell membrane impermeable, permeable or selectively permeable and why is it an important
structure for the cell?
2. Energy is used during _ transport.
4. Describe the results of a cell in a hypo
Name _ Period _ Date
Directions: Complete the following study guide by using your textbook and/or notes. If you
have any questions I am available after school for extra help.
1. What is biology?
2. What are the 7 charact