PsychSim 5: TRUSTING YOUR MEMORY
Name: _MICHELLE RAWANA_ Period: 2
Date: _JANUARY 4TH
In this activity youll be able to test the reliability of your memory, and then learn what
researchers have discovered about the way that memories are stored and modifie
Unit 9 Vocabulary
1. developmental psychology- a branch of psychology that
studies physical, cognitive, and social change throughout the
2. zygote- the fertilized egg; it enters a 2-week period of rapid
cell division and develops into an embryo.
1. The first psych lab started by this guy- Wilhelm Wundt at the university
of Leipzig, Germany. He seeked to measure atoms of the mind
2. introspection- the informally examination of ones inner thoughts and
3. William James-prominent American-wh
Module 9 Review:
neural impulse- action potential- electrical signal traveling down axon
refractory period- a period of inactivity after a neuron has fired
threshold- level of stimulation required to trigger a neural impulse
all-or-none response- a neuron
1. motivation- a need or desire that energizes and directs behavior.
2. instinct- a complex, unlearned behavior that is rigidly patterned throughout a species.
3. drive-reduction theory- the idea that a physiological need creates an aroused tens
How common do you believe psych. disorders are in the U.S.?
Psychological disorder- a harmful dysfunction in which behavior is judged to be atypical,
disturbing, maladaptive and unjustifiable.
Mental health workers view psychological disorders as persiste
Type of therapist who uses special techniques to assist someone overcome anxiety, for
2. Which therapy method would most likely be used to treat schizophrenia?
3. Type of mental health therapies that involve
Psych AP Test Helpful Links / Study Guides
Unit 14 Social Psychology
Social Psychology- The study of how we think about, influence, and relate to one another.
Includes: attitude, aggression, attraction, and group behavior.
Social Thinking: 1. Does his absenteeism signify illness, laziness, or a st
Unit 14: Social Psychology
Asch, Milgram, Zimbardo
Automatic Mimicry -
Solomon Asch conducted a study done by college students
to study conformity. He found that the students changed their answers to match the
answers of others, even when those answers w