Nota Fizik: Analysing scientific investigation
A variable is a quantity that can vary in value.
Manipulated variable is a variable that is set or fixed before and experiment
is carried out. it is usually plotted on x- axis.
Responding variable is a variab
Analysing Momentum II
Conservation of Momentum
1. The term conservation is derived from the root word conserve which means constant.
2. The principle of conservation of momentum states that in the absence of an external
force, the total momentum of a syst
Impulse and Impulsive Force
Impulse and impulsive Force
1. Impulse is defined as the change momentum
2. From F=ma
Ft=mv-mu (change of momentum)
3. Impulse is the product of the force F acting on a body and the time t for which the force acts.
Analysing Forces in Equilibrium
Analysing forces in equilibrium
Vector Addition of Forces
1. A resultant force is a single force that represents the combined effect of two or more
forces in magnitude and direction. The direction of the forces have to be t
Nota Fizik: ELASTICITY
Physics Form 4 2007
Elasticity is the ability of a material to return to its original shape and size when the
external force acting on it is removed.
It is due to the strong intermolecular forces between the
Bernoulli's Principle as Applied to Fluid Flow in Tubes
When a fluid passes through a tube which, narrows or widens along its length, the
velocity of the fluid varies. As the tube narrows, the fluid flows faster and,
correspondingly, pressure in the narro
Work and Energy
1. Everyday we move or certain object to do work.
2. work is done when a force is exerted to move an object through a distance in the
direction of the force.
3. Work W is defined as product of the force and the displacement of an obje
Applications of Bernoulli's Principle
- The flight of an aeroplane is based on the principle about the effect of the flow of air
around its wings, which is, the aerofoil.
- An aerofoil shape has a rounded front edge and pointed (sharp) trailin
What is Physics?
What is Physics?
Physics is a branch of science which studies physical and natural phenomena around us.
Examples of natural phenomena are formation of rainbow, solar eclipse, the fall of things
from up to down, the cause of sunset and sun
1. Kinetic energy is the energy possessed by an object due to its motion.
2. The kinetic energy of a moving object depends on its mass and speed.
Kinetic Energy= 1/2 mv^2 = (one over two multiply mass multiply velocity squared)
Where m is th