UNIT VII ENERGY: WS 1
Qualitative Analysis - Pie Charts
Use pie charts to analyze the energy changes in each situation given.
Designate your choice of system with a dotted line Choose your system so that the
energies involved are internal
UNIT VII ENERGY: WS
3a Energy Transfer and Storage
For each situation shown below: 1. Show your choice of system, unless it is specified for you.
*Always include the earth in your system.
2. Decide if your system is frictionless or not, a
Waves Unit III, Worksheet 2
1. A tube has a piston located as shown in the diagram.
a. Sketch the indicated mode of vibration for this setup
b. Determine the unknown value in each box
c. Place the name of each mode in the frequ
Waves Unit II, Worksheet 2
a. In the box below, draw the pulse as it
returns after reflecting from a fixed end.
Draw the pulse as it returns
after reflecting from a free end.
a. Draw the pulse as it returns a
W aves Unit I: Worksheet 2
The diagram to the right shows a
0.100 kg block attached to a Hookean
spring. The block experiences no net
force when it is at position C. When
the block is to the left of point C the
spring pulls it to the
Waves Unit I, Worksheet 1
The diagram to the right shows a block
attached to a Hookean spring on a frictionless
surface. The block experiences no net force
when it is at position B. When the block is to
the left of point B the spring push
Unit VII: Worksheet 5
1. A 60 kg box is lifted by a rope a distance of 10 meters straight up at constant speed. How much
power is required to complete this task in 5 seconds?
2. Hulky and Bulky are two workers being considered for a job at th
Unit VII: Worksheet 4
Start each solution with a force diagram.
1. A baseball (m = 140 g) traveling at 30 m/s moves a fielder's glove backward 35 cm when the ball
a. Construct an energy bar graph of the situation, with the ball as
UNIT VII: WS 3b Quantitative Bar Graphs and Problems
For each situation shown below:
1. In the energy flow diagram show the system you choose to analyze. Assume the systems to be frictionless unless stated
2. Complete the energy ba
Unit VII ENERGY: WS 2
Hooke's Law, Eel
F = 1000. ( x )
Suppose in the lab one group found that
Construct a graphical
representation of force vs. displacement. (Hint: make the maximum displacement
0.25 m. )
1. Graphically determine the