Convert from a large unit to a smaller one, MULTIPLY
1. 5.1 m centimeters
2. 6 g milligrams
3. .075 L milliliters
4. .5 Km meters
5. 580 g centigrams
6. 9 kg milligrams
7. 3 kg milligrams
Convert from a small unit to a larger one, DIVIDE
1. 55 L kil
Homework - TWO DIMENSIONAL PROJECTILES
1. A marble is rolling along a horizontal tabletop, which is 94.0 cm above the floor, when the
marble reaches the edge of the table and then falls to the floor. How long will it take for the
Motion 2D Test
A. Vectors Graphically
2. measurements to scale
3. add vectors using tail to head method
B. Vectors Mathematically
1. Pythagorean Theorem
2. Find the angle using Tangent function
3. Find the X and Y components of a vec
Physics Adding Vectors
Instructions: Use a ruler and a protractor to add the following vectors graphically.
1. An airplane flying parallel the ground undergoes two consecutive displacements. The first is 75 km 60
degree north of west
Kinematics Test Study Guide
Review terms, units, word problems.
b. Scientific Notation
c. Units: speed, acceleration
II. Vectors and Scalar Quantities
a. Displacement, distance
b. Velocity, Speed
1. Which of the following quantities are scalars, and which are vectors?
a. the acceleration of a plane as it takes off
b. The number of passengers on the plane
c. the duration of the flight
d. the displacement of the flight
Final Velocity After Displacement
Vf2 = Vi2 + 2(a)(x)
1. A person pushing a stroller starts from rest, uniformly accelerating a rate of 0.5 m/ss.
What is the velocity of the stroller after it has traveled 4.75 m?
1. A ball is dropped from the top of a building to the ground below.
Assuming that the acceleration of gravity is -9.80 m/s2 and
that it takes 2.87 seconds for this ball to reach the ground;
a. What will be the speed
Show all work on the paper in detail! Dont leave anything out!
1. On the graph above use a straight edge to draw a BEST FIT line.
2. What is the slope of the line that best fits this set of points?
3. What are the units of the slope of this line?
v f = vi + at
x = vi t +
1. A car is at rest on a horizontal surface. The accelerator is applied and the car accelerates at
3.00 m/s ;
a. What will be the speed of this car after 6.50 seconds?
b. How far will this car move during these 6.50 second
01. A sprinter, starting from rest, accelerates to 6.42 m/s in 1.35 s. What was his average
02. A truck moving 80.0 km/h has the brakes applied causing it to slow down to 60.0
km/h in 6.20 s. What was its average acceleration?
03. A boat acc
1. You walk exactly 250 steps North, turn around, and then walk exactly 400 steps South.
How far are you from your starting point?
2. An automobile travels 25 miles West, then goes 45 miles East and finally goes 15 miles
West. How far will this car be fro
Physics Free Body Diagrams
Instructions: First draw a free body diagram labeling all forces. Then solve for the
1. A 15 kg box is resting on a frictionless table
a.) Determine the weight of the box and the normal force acting