1. Shays' Rebellion and its aftermath demonstrated
7. The elastic clause
(^ermits Congress to pass legislation "necessary and
A) the colonists' desire for national independence
^_^)^the weakness ofthe Articles ofConfederation
C) the strength of the new na
The Act of Voting Questions for Review in Class
1. What is an Australian ballot and why is it significant?
fh ir wr\?\(LS
2. What is a chad and what role did it play in the 2000 Presidential election?
a rxjoA^ notfJx
Running for Office and the Nature of Political Campaigns Today
Questions for Review in Class
1. What are four reasons that people become political candidates?
2. What is the eligibility for:
a. President A
b. Vice President
'2-^/ 3 Pv71' ^ f P s 1H Oj 4^1j'l^'^
Political Parties In US History
AppirH^ (S^slcfYl refers to the number and competitiveness of political parties in apolity.
For example, we nave a two-party system in this country because throughout our h
Three Faces of Political Parties Notes
Three faces or spheres of operation: Party of the Electorate, Party in Organization,
Party in Government
Party of the Electorate: party an individual identifies v/ith due to personal
How Voters Decide and Why Some People Do Not Vote
Questions for Review
1. What is a prospective voter?
2. What is a retrospective voter?
Hk i>vcwfH \pvyjr
3. How do campaigns court both of those t^pes of vote
Regulating Federal Campaign Contributions Video Questions
1. Identify three laws/cases that impact campaign finance.
>/-o all le>criclatinn/ra<#< mpntinnpH in thi< <prtion in chronological order ^<^<'11
Review Sheet for Test 1
Be able to address these questions:
plctce -^i^/c Ca^'t -h-^ t
' Why was Shay's reb6lliona6rnonstrat6? "* originally called? -omxiM- ivy^c^iio^ ^rucMjui shron'^o^-fed, <^:>\^ w, - <^fAMv.>.
Political Socialization and Public Opinion Questions for Review
1. How are political socialization and civic participation linked?
Political socialization defines and creates the basis of one's views and political perceptions, thus
affecting how one parti
Questions for Review
52 MC Questions
rl/A/hat document implemented the principle of state sovereignty? f\f\sc\xs | (^Ft <JUw^4lo/^
type ofgovernment did theframers oftheConstitution intend to establish?