Aim #32: What were the differing viewpoints on
Do Now! Copy down the aim on a separate sheet of paper
1. Have out your homework (Mexican-American War)
2. Do now! handout (Parliament and Garrison)
Common Myths About Slavery the peculiar
1. What do you think is the artists point of view in the painting?
2. How does the artist use light to make is point?
Aim #31: Does the idea of Manifest Destiny justify going
to war with another nation to win new territory?
Do now! Painting analysis of Am
Aim #33: What were the southern
arguments in defense of slavery?
This Louisiana slave named Gordon
was photographed in 1863 after he had
escaped to Union lines during the Civil
War. He bears the permanent scars of
the violence that lay at the heart of the
Aim #34: How did the Compromise of 1850 increase sectional
1. Have out homework Disunion
2. Please take all FOUR handouts and have out discussion questions from yesterday
3. Answer question #s 1 and 2 on Calhoun/Webster handout