Homework #6 Name _Maria A. Leiva_
(Total 20 points)
Due to the fact our Earth spins, the Coriolis Effect gives weird responses to wind fields in
pressure fields. By now you should be familiar with contour maps. In a previous
homework, the contours were co
Homework #4 Name Maria A. Leiva
(Total 20 pts)
For this homework, the concept of Density and Heat will be explored.
Density is the compactness of a material, or stated in a formula it is how much it weighs (mass) divided by
how much space it takes up (vol
T-S DIAGRAM HOMEWORK
NAME_Maria A. Leiva (20 pts
The graph on page 2 comes from a field program I was involved with in the Eastern
Pacific. Ocean probes descended into the ocean measuring both temperature and salinity.
The left panel shows temperat
Homework Assignment #1: NAME Maria A. Leiva
Read the link Geographic Projections. Then read appendix 3 on your text book. Now you are ready to complete this homework.
Total (20 points)
Hey guys Appendix III in your book is great it has all t
1. Thermohaline currents are caused by (select all that apply):
2. What happens to density values as you descend to the bottom of the
3. What happens to the salinity as you descend to the bottom of th
1. What is the most abundant sediment by volume in oceans?
A. Lithogenous B. Cosmogenous C. Biogenous D. Hydrogenous
2. What is the most abundant sediment by surface area in oceans?
(Hint: Consider how big the oceans are)
A. Lithogenous B.
1. What are sediments? How are sediments formed?
Sediment is any matter that settles to the bottom of liquid. They
are formed when they are deposited from nature.
2. What are sources of sediments? Make a list and give a brief