Study Guide Test # 2
1. Know antipsychotics; classifications, its indications and side effects.
Antipsychotic medications block dopamine receptors. The antipsychotics chlorpromazine or haloperidol
lower brain levels of dopamine by blocking dopamine recept
OB EXAM 2 POSTPARTUM, NEWBORN
Class notes mine
Class notes meches
Maternal and Newborn Health (green book)
Normal Postpartum (3/25/15)
1) Postpartum Care
a) Of all the aspects of birth, the postpartum period is the least anticipated and prepared f
Study Guide Test # 1
1. Know definitions: mental health and mental illness.
Mental health: successful adaptation to stressors from the internal or external
environment, evidenced by thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that are age-appropriate and
Study Guide Final Test
1. Know ego defense mechanisms: displacement, projection, reaction formation, and sublimation.
Displacement The transfer of feelings from one target to another that is considered less threatening
or that is neutral (A client is angr
OB EXAM 3 NOTES
Complications of Childbirth (4/8/15)
a) Stress factors = Reduction of myometrial
b) Nursing Plan
i) Comfort measures
ii) Relaxation/ Breathing techniques
iii) Reassurance and rapport
a) Midline/ me
Please prepare for Maternal Final Review by answering the
following 50 questions:
1. A nursing instructor is conducting lecture and is reviewing the functions of the female
reproductive system. She asks Mark to describe the follicle-stimulating hormone (F
Psychiatric medications are prescribed by health professionals including psychiatrists, general
practitioners and nurse practitioners authorized to dispense medications to treat symptoms of
mental illness. This chapter de
-Between ovulation and the beginning of the next menstrual cycle, there are usually exactly 14 days. In other words, ovulation occurs
14 days before the next menstrual period.
-Sperm live approximately 3 days (48 to 72 hours), and eggs live about 24 hours
Potter: Fundamentals of Nursing, 8th Edition
Chapter 24: Communication
1. Nurses who make the best communicators
1. Develop critical thinking skills.
2. Like different kinds of people.
3. Learn effective psychomotor skills.
1. A nurse is assessing a 3-year-old child at a well-child visit. Which of the following
should the nurse report to the provider?
-Blood Pressure 88/46 mm Hg
-Urine specific gravity 1.018 mEq/L
-Heart rate 110/min
2. A nurse is provid
Fine motor development is evaluated in a 10-month-old by observing the
Ans: pincer grasp
A nurse is caring for a 12-month-old who is to receive an MMR vaccine today. She
should withhold the immunization if which of the following situations exists?
1. 1 hour after a lobectomy, pt has 7/10 pain, decreased L sided breath sounds and 100 mL
of drainage: medicate w/MS for pain (air leak 1 hour post is expected)
2. IV heparin for PE, which assessment data is most important to relay to HCP: BP o