Chapter 2 Study Guide
1. Know the following terms:
a. Astronomical unit
c. Escape velocity
2. Generally, what are Keplers 3 laws of planetary motion? Know how to use
Keplers 3rd law to calculate d
Chapter 3 Study Guide
1. Know how latitude and longitude are used to determine any location on a sphere.
Where are the zero degree longitude and zero degree latitude lines?
a. Zero degree longitude: Prime Meridian
b. Zero degree latitude: Equator
Chapter 1 Study Guide
1. Describe the scientific method: What distinguishes a scientific law and theory?
A scientific law is a description of an observed phenomenon
2. Know how to convert to and from scientific notation
800,000 meters (8.0 x 10^5)
August 25, 2016
cant prove anything.
Conclusions based on the best available data
Zenith: Point directly above your head.
Horizon: Where dome meets Earth.
Geocentric model: we are center of Universe (Earth central model)