1. Which of the following works closely with the processor to collectively control memory, buses on
the motherboard, and some peripherals?
2. Which technology replaced the 64-bit Front Side Bus and has 16 lanes for data
1. What is an indication that an inadequate power supply is the source of an intermittent
you don't see any indicator lights or fans spinning
BIOS loses its date and time settings
the system tries to boot from the wrong device
5 out of 5 points
What do you call a connector on a motherboard that consists of pins that
stick up from the board?
If a ground strap is unavailable, what should be done to dissipate any ESD
1. Which of the following is an example of diagnostic software that is used by several laptop
2. Why is it so important to find out if a laptop is still under warranty before servicing it?
What statement regarding satellite connections is accurate?
It provides low latency connection
It requires line of sight connectivity
It provides higher throughput than other
It is only avail
1. What motherboard slot has direct access to the North Bridge?
secondary PCIe slot
ATA bus slot
primary PCIe slot
2. The QuickPath Interconnect (QPI) replacement for the Front Side Bus utilizes how many
lanes for data packets?
A micro-ATX motherboard will fit into a case that follows what minimum standard?
What tool can help discover and report computer errors and conflicts that occur when you first
turn on a computer and before the o
Practice Quiz 1
1. Which of the following ports always carries digital audio and can work with electrical or optical
A smart watch is an example of what type of mobile device?
1. Originally developed by IBM, what protocol is used by Windows to share files and
printers on a network?
Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
Server Message Block (SMB)
File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
1. What type of Double Data Rate SDRAM uses 288 pins?
2. How many pins are on a DDR DIMM?
3. What is the data path width for a DIMM that supports ECC?
4. What is the name of the memo
1. Which statement regarding hard drives is incorrect?
tracks on a hard drive are divided into sectors
a solid state drive has no moving parts
the 3.5" size is typically used in desktops
solid state drives are less expensive than magnetic hard
1. What type of printer is slower than a laser printer, and also tends to smudge on
What is the first thing you should do to get toner dust off your clothes?
clean immediately with
1. What can a DIMM use to hold data and amplify a signal just before the data is written to
2. What component of a processor handles all logical comparisons and calculations inside
1. When installing a new device, which statement is accurate?
64-bit drivers can be installed in a 32-bit OS
a mouse may not require an additional device driver
32-bit drivers can be installed in a 64-bit OS
Vista drivers never wo
Module 4 Project
Chapters 8 and 9
TCP/IP protocols and standards Windows computers use for networking
Networking is communication between two or more
Communication happens at three levels (hardware,
operating system, and application)
Module 2 Project
Chapters 3, 4 and 5
Chapter 3 Motherboard Features
Motherboard is considered the most important element
of a computers system
Provides a physical surface on which to mount
electronic components such as resistors, capacitors,
CTS1131- Word Report - Module 1
Part 1 - Computer Repair Toolkit
What differentiates an outstanding A+ hardware technician from an average
technician? Can one identify the factors that contribute to a more efficient computer
technician? To become a compet
CTS1131- Word Report - Module 3
Part 1 - Hard Drive Technologies
Introduced by IBM in 1956, hard disk drives, also simply called hard drives,
are a type of non-volatile secondary storage devices commonly used in computers
(desktops and laptops). They have
Choice 4: Installing or Replacing a Motherboard
Since the motherboard is considered an FRU, the following steps below will
help to determine what is needed to install or replace a motherboard.
Make sure the new motherboard has the required form factor (AT
Choice 1: What's Inside a Desktop Case?
Inside the desktop case, one finds all major system components that
comprise a computer. The case, per se, is available in two forms: a tower case where
the motherboard sits vertically, and a desktop case where the
Choice 3: How to Remove Expansion Cards.
Expansion cards are designed to either add or expand functionalities to a
computer. Amongst the numerous functions that expansion cards can perform, a
few of them can be video (capture or playback), audio (recordin
Choice 3: Types of Networks and the Internet Connections They Use
Networks can be categorized according to their size and connectivity. Below
is a list when categorizing by size:
PAN (personal area network) is a small network consisting of personal
Choice 1: Understanding TCP/IP and Windows Networking
In the computer world, networking means communication between two or
more computers. This communication is comprised of three steps that are computer
identification, protocol agreement, and request/ans
Choice 4: How do I Select and Purchase the Right Memory Modules
When the time comes to buy or upgrade the RAM modules on a motherboard,
there are some guidelines that need to be followed. These guidelines are important
because frequently, finding the exac
Choice 1 - Hard Drive Technologies.
Hard disk drives, also simply called hard drives, are secondary storage
devices commonly used in computers (desktops and laptops). They are
manufactured in three sizes. The 2.5 size is used in laptops, the 3.5 size is u
Choice 1: Printer Types and Features.
There are four categories of printers, and they are laser, inkjet, impact, and
Laser printers are electro-photographic devices that function by depositing
toner on an electrically charged drum that was marked
MOAC 70-410 - Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 MLO Worksheet
THIS LAB CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING EXERCISES AND ACTIVITIES:
Configuring Security Policies
Assigning User Rights
NAT/LAN Routing Lab
Youve been asked to design and configure a Class C network with atleast 4 subnets. However, only two subnets will be
used and the other two will be added in the future. All hosts in all the subnets must have internet access. Also, the