Revolutionary War Battles Web Quest
Use the below website to complete the assignment.
Complete the chart for each battle. Then write a step-by-step description of the causes, events, and effects of ea
NAME: carson king
DATE: 10/25/16 CLASS: 2
At the end of the Middle Ages, people across Europe found the urge to be creative. Their
creativity was sparked by new ideas and discoveries that were sweeping through Europe at the
time. This peri
Age of Reason
able to define the
key vocabulary, and
historical roots of
this time period.
a period during the 1600s
and 1700s in wh
1. Obtain a copy of The Lorax or The Man Who Planted Trees to read aloud to your students. Motion
pictures or videos of both stories are also available.
2. For the Variation in Part A, write each question on an index card. Do the s
NAME: Carson King DATE: 11/30/16 CLASS: 1
Explorers in a New World
Italian explorer, navigator, and colonizer
Sailed for Spain (King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella
Goal: west Indies
Arrived in Bahamas
Completed four voyages across
America Before Columbus Video Questions
Directions: Please answer the questions below while you watch the video.
1) List any two pieces of natural wealth that exist in America before Columbus arrived:
2) Why is Queen Isabella so despera
NAME: Carson King DATE: September 26, 2016 CLASS: Period 2, Hart
Five Themes of Geography
Geographers use these themes to organize and guide their studies:
Location, Place, Human Environment Interaction, Movement, Regions.
Location describes where somethi
1. Natural rights
2. Women's rights
3. Self-protection can be a defense for interfering with
an others personal freedoms
4. Considered an opponent of the Enlightenment's
January 25, 2017
1. What did the Intellectuals in the Age Of
The intellectuals examined the standards by which rulers governed.
2. What two things did the liberal ideas state?
These new liber
Drafting the Declaration of Independence
Directions: For this WebQuest, you will use the Library of Congress online exhibit on Thomas Jefferson here:
http:/www.loc.gov/exhibits/jefferson/jeffdec.html Use the information under each subheading to ans
Articles of Confederation (1777)
1. Who wrote the Articles of Confederation? John Dickinson
2. Was the government created by the Articles intended to be weak or strong? *Why*?
Weak on purpose, having just won independence from
The Crossing Video Guide
Clip #1: The Future of Our Struggle (25:00 34:13)
1. What does the dispatch from the Continental Congress say?
That Philadelphia cannot be defended and they are moving to Baltimore.
2. Why does General Washington want to at
Comparing Plans of the Constitutional Convention
I. Proposed by James Madison
Proposed by William Patterson
Called for a legislature with 1
Each state, regardless of
population or size, would send the
same number of representatives
BILL OF RIGHTS WEBQUEST
Go to the following website to respond to the following Activities:
ACTIVITY ONE: Introduction
Read the introduction page and answer the following questions
The Articles of Confederation
During the Revolutionary War, the American colonies needed to coordinate their efforts against
Britain. They created an emergency government to raise money for the war effort called
1. How do different cultural regions around
the world compare to one another?
2. Where can you find the main countries and
major cities of the world?
Types of Regions