1. What is the name of the structure that allows air and food through?
2. What causes loudness in someones voice?
Larynx Voice production controlled by air passes through the opening and
closing of the glottis
3. What is the smallest branch
1. Support-strong rigid
2. Protection- surround internal organs
3. Aid in movement attachment for muscle
4. Blood cell formation- manufacture blood cells
5. Storage- for minerals- calcium and phosphate, which are needed fo
Anatomy and Physiology
Anatomy- is a field of study concerned with the structure of body parts.
Physiology- is the study of body function.
Brain, spinal cord, nerves
Monitors changes in the environment,
interprets the changes, and initiates
Integumentary System (Skin)
Regulation of body temperature
Excretion of waste
Vitamin D production
Layers of skin
Epidermis1. Striated sqaumous epithelial
2. Four types
a. Keratinocytes- 99% -protein water resistant cells, p
Chemical Basis of the Body
Matter- is a material that has mass and takes up space
Energy- ability to do work
Kinetic- energy in motion
Potential- stored energy
Element is a pure substance usually found on periodic table
Periodic table- invented by Mendele
CELLS: The basis of life
Outside cell (ECF)
2. Dissolved gases
4. Nutrients and cellular products
1. Plasma- in blood vessels and heart
2. Interstitial between tissues
Midterm Practical for A&P(2)
*Go to shotgunhistology on you tube
What you need to know on the actual heart
1. Right atrium
2. Left atrium
3. Right ventricle
4. Left ventricle
5. Tricuspid valve
6. Chordea tendon (attaches to the papillary muscl
. 1. Primary force that pushes plasma through the Bowmans capsule?
hydrostatic pressure of the blood
Function of aldosterone?
Aldosterone helps maintain blood pressure (BP) and water and salt balance in
Function of aldosterone and diuretic
1. What is the function of the hepatic portal circulation
Vein collects nutrients from digestive system
Liver removes bacteria before returning blood to Inf. Vena cava
2. Where are the digestive control located, related to the chemical and
1. Whats the name of the fluid thats found inside the lymphatic system? Lymph
2. Whats the function of the lymphatic nodes? Acts as a filter before it sends back
to heart and also activates the immune system.
3. Where is the lymphatic system drained into
A&P II Final Review
Name given to the exchange of gases between the alveoli & the bloodstream
2. The nasal pharynx, nasal medieta, external narus, are part of what (respiratory system)?
Upper respiratory system pg.829
The kidney A&P 2
Order in which urine passes (from kidney out)
Kidneys through the ureters to the bladder then through the urethra out of the body.
Bowmans capsule : know the structure, the inside, what it contain
The Bowman's capsule is an expansion at t