Prompt #3 In 2007, former U.S. President Jimmy Carter said, "We must combat the
false propaganda of some European extremists who condemn the use of genetically
modified seeds. Their misleading statements have been extremely damaging to Africa,
1. Think about the locational theories that you have learned about and how their
models relate to the real world as you write. Which locational theory does this
company most exhibit? Why might the businesses' planners have made the
decision to locate
1. Choose one recent example of forced migration. You may choose from the list
below, use a situation detailed in this lesson, or select another event of your
Haiti earthquake, 2010
Drought in Ethiopia and Eritrea, 2000
Cyclone in Myanmar(Bur
1. Choose a cultural area for which to prepare a time capsule. For example, you
might choose to focus on your city, state, or country.
2. Think about the following questions:
Describe the characteristics of the culture you choose. Describe the
There have been several waves of migration to the United States throughout the
1. Describe the THREE waves of migration to the United States.
Answer: The first wave was from 1790-1820. The second from 1820- 1860. The
First, you will research TV shows to find out how the portrayal of the average American
family has changed over time. You will need to find four clips from televisions shows:
one from the 1950s or 1960s, one from the 1970s, one from the 1980s or 1990s, an
Commercial agriculture is a lucrative business for many of the worlds countries. However,
the types of commercial agriculture practiced vary according to region.
1. Identify THREE types of commercial agriculture and describe each type.
1. Plantation agri
Region 3: China and India
1. Identify and discuss the type of agriculture practiced in this region.
A: Agriculture is a vital industry in China, employing over 300 million farmers. China ranks first in
worldwide farm output, primarily producing rice, w
There are three types of political systems in the world.
1. Identify and explain the THREE types of political systems.
2. Discuss the effect of each type of political system within a country.
3. In a large country with many homogeneous cultura
1. Suppose that you have been hired from a strategic planning firm to advise a
client about the best location for a soft drink bottling plant in Weber County. You
will need to consider several factors to make your recommendation. Several
Several cultural and spatial factors contribute to
gender inequality in the world today.
A: Identify TWO factors that contribute to gender
inequality and explain how these factors contribute to
B: Identify TWO world regions where gender
Nicole Isabelle and Emily Magurean
Create your own state. To help you create your own state, you must create a State
Profile. Your state profile should include both basic and specific information about your
country. Include the following information in yo
Below is a list of possible forces that may act on a state. Choose 3 of the examples from the list
below. For each example you choose, classify it as a centrifugal force, a centripetal force, or
both and explain why you have classified it as such. As you
1. Choose three questions from the interactive to focus on in this assignment.
Cohen's Shatterbelt Theory predicted that armed conflict would
MOST likely occur in which of the following countries?
In what way did political policies act as a centrifugal
The border between India and Pakistan
The India and Pakistan Border, known locally as the International
Border (IB), is an international border running between India and
Pakistan that demarcates the Indian states and the four provinces of
Pakistan. The bo
What global spatial patterns are apparent in the
distribution of ethnic groups? How has geography
both shaped and been influenced by that distribution?
There are racial and ethnic differences in Blood type and
composition. We display the